Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Stuck on Creating Albums

Started by Jigen271, May 31, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigen271

Hey there folks, I recently installed a 2TB HDD with Windows 10 and re-installed the latest version of e-touch 10.  I pointed e-touch to my Music which is in C: Music and went to Generate Library like I normally do in the advanced e-touch config.  It went though all of the tags for all 453 albums I have and it tells me there there were no errors but when I click OK it gets stuck on Generating Audio FOREVER.  Should I use a different version of e-touch or am I doing something stupidly wrong.  I have done this many times with no problems but I can't for the life of me figure this one out.  Any help would be welcome.

Adam

ecbrad

Define forever?

I suspect you have grab artist/album info from audiodb selected. I think it's on by default so it's hitting the internet to grab all of that. I know mine took ages, say several hours to complete when I initially did it.

Brad

Jigen271

Brad, thanks for the quick reply.  Nope.  It wasn't checked.  I downloaded the final e-touch 9 and had no problems so I think I'll stick with that.  Thanks again.

Adam

Mark Norville

Hi Adam,

Just to ask are you running as admin, and has etouch been installed outside of c:\program files?

Also have you installed any new albums since your last update?

I have had this problem before, and to cure it, I would let the program run, and I would notice the album name to where it got stuck, and then I would remove that album and start again for generating.

It fixed my problem and it was just one dodgy album.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Someone posted a guide on here somewhere with a couple of tools to go through your library and fix up any corrupt mp3's. It is worth following that as it sorted out a couple of corrupt albums I had.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...