Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Art

Started by jimwilks, June 02, 2017, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimwilks

I'm new to this product.

I'm sure I'm like others before me in that I arrived with a folder of 10K mp3 files and expected to "load and go".  Doing so gets the software going, but with no album art.  Looking at other forum posts from the past, I see that this situation is a recurring problem.  The solutions given to those users seem to revolve around the following:

1) Rearrange your music collection into folders where each album is in a different folder
2) Put album artwork into each folder

Generally there are references to MediaMonkey and Tag & Rename as the tools to get this done.

Following this advice I installed MediaMonkey, but got nowhere.  I then tried Tag & Rename, and got the files broken down into album folders.

Still, I see no album art.  I assume that this is because I don't have album art in each folder.  It is in most of the mp3 song files, but I understand that this software does not use these.

My fundamental question is "How do I get album art into each folder?"

Other related questions are:

1) Why not just use the album art in the mp3 song files?
2) If this rearranging of the music files into folders and album art files is so necessary, why doesn't the config software do it rather than have users fumbling around with (as well as shelling out $$$ for) MediaMonkey and Tag & Rename?

Mark Norville

You need one bit of artwork in the folder

So for example

Inxs
- Kick
- kick.jpg cover.jpg folder.jpg

When you create your database you can use first cover found, which if say for example you have back or even 1.jpg it will display that first.

I am shutting down for the day, but am on the tablet, but I will not be able to type long winded replies, so please forgive them for being shorter than expect, but then someone might answer your questions as well.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Also, if you are using Tag & Rename there is an option to automatically download folder/album artwork and even save it as cover.jpg.

jimwilks

Quote from: Mark Norville on June 02, 2017, 02:51:17 PM
You need one bit of artwork in the folder

So for example

Inxs
- Kick
- kick.jpg cover.jpg folder.jpg

When you create your database you can use first cover found, which if say for example you have back or even 1.jpg it will display that first.

Regards

Mark

This "first cover found" do I just check it and it will generate these files?  I've tried that, but have had no sucess.

Jim

jimwilks

Quote from: Gaucho on June 03, 2017, 12:39:19 PM
Also, if you are using Tag & Rename there is an option to automatically download folder/album artwork and even save it as cover.jpg.

I've messed around with Tag & Rename, but haven't stumbled on this option yet.  Any hints on how to do this?

Jim

Mark Norville

I'll be back on the pc soon https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37ZcXr56CuM try this for settings
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jimwilks

Quote from: Mark Norville on June 03, 2017, 02:36:35 PM
I'll be back on the pc soon https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37ZcXr56CuM try this for settings

This looks like it is easy. 

However, I'm not sure what you are doing for the first 25 seconds.  Coincidentally, the first 25 seconds are at some low resolution which makes seeing what you are doing even more difficult.  After that everything is high resolution and quite readable.

Once you run the config program, I see that you have checked off Name swap as well as Use ALBUM ARTIST TAG.  When I run the config program on my mp3's with these options set, I still do not get any album art.

Jim

Mark Norville

Ah don't worry about the first 25 seconds, that was how my tagging works for music videos. You will have to see another video for that.

I am looking at moving my arcade cabinet sometime today, so I will not have time to do a video, as I like my weekends off from being on the office PC as I sit here mainly during the week, so I try and do other things on the weekend.

If you just take those config settings though, and use them in your set up, then you should be reasonably good to go.

Firstly when you first start with eTouch, it is better to do a test, just try out 10 to 20 albums, get them imported first and operational, and them import the rest.

I always use generate library when I am setting up, and then I use update library once my library is sorted.

If you can take screen shots of what is happening for you, that helps as being able to see something, is better than trying to read between the lines.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

Hopefully these images are self explanatory using the online search in Tag and Rename.

Gaucho

Gaucho

jimwilks

Quote from: Gaucho on June 04, 2017, 11:40:16 AM
Hopefully these images are self explanatory using the online search in Tag and Rename.

I see how you are doing this now.  However, it only works for 1 album at a time.  Manually repeating this process another 1800 times to bring in album art for all of my albums seems to be unrealistic.  Surely there is some method for doing this all in one go?

Jim

jimwilks

Quote from: Mark Norville on June 04, 2017, 08:42:08 AM

Firstly when you first start with eTouch, it is better to do a test, just try out 10 to 20 albums, get them imported first and operational, and them import the rest.

This leads to another question -- how do I delete albums?

1) When I initially config the database, it insists on finding files in folders other than the one I selected, typically windows files.  I can delete them using the remove album button, but this won't let me select and delete them as a group. It only allows me to select one album and then delete it, then repeat, repeat...

2) When I want to delete all files from the database, I see no option to do this.  Instead I uninstall the Etouch software, delete all files from it's folder and then reinstall Etouch.  Seems a bit cumbersome to me.

Jim

Mark Norville

Hi Jim,

I have not tried this so I cannot offer any further information https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/ you could try that

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

in etouch config, just tick remove missing files, easy peasy not cumbersome at all

Regards

Mark