Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

jukebox finishes

Started by draginit, January 24, 2008, 06:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

based on users recent threads im using this subject for my first poll!  ;D

-i choose paint! and im not talking about no piss can paint job. im talking about quality spray grade  auto or poly paint. its my personal preference. i find the finish more professionally/aesthetically appealing and of course leaving the option for adding air brushing n stuff.   then applying a clear coat filling out any imperfections and leaving a nice finish.

and of course theres pros and cons to painting vs the others but thats a whole nother debate in itself.....
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

andowhy

I voted for Vinyl (cos thats what my juke is) - I was a bit skeptical of using it at first but I took teh juke frame to the local upholster and for $100 aussie bucks he did a great job.  It has a soft foam glued to the front, sides an top and then a thick leather look vinyl over the top. Ive got some pics floating around somewhere.

draginit

whoa, thats pretty cool. i wouldve never thought to actually do that. i remember someone talking bout it, mustve been you. i took the liberty to find your link. here it is:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64688.msg648108#msg648108
how come i couldnt find anything on this forum...you should post your build in readers project thread.

-i can appreciate this look cuz i do upholstery as a hobby too. just hit my link to my website and check out the pics. its mostly cars but i do an occasional couch n stuff.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

craiglincs

Just about to start my very first box, going to get a pro paint job done, although the padded vinyl link above is awesome :D

andowhy

yep thats the one, looks way better in person than how it does in the pics though.

Im about to start a new jukebox project in my new house, have just started renovating it and am going to install a touch screen flush into one of the walls in the living area, and a secondary touchscreen in the entertainment area out the back which will be hooked up to a tv (for video/karaoke), complete with wireless zoned speakers.  Should be sweet.

crazyorange

Paint sure! its what i got..but actually they are all good when used in the right format....and if you do go paint have to go with good good stuff..poly like draginit said..his real nice gloss fininsh..i have laytex indoor/outdoor paint and it turned out pretty good..plus even a juke with out fancy paint or finish is still a juke and much better then no juke or a damn laptop or single cd boombox..hahaha. aight see ya around!!
TN INSIDE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT