Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Version 10 Freezing and Second Screen issue

Started by Datasavage, June 24, 2017, 02:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datasavage

Alright, I am new to this. I setup a test touch screen and everything worked as expected. 13 MP3 in five folders and 5 Videos in 3 folders. Everything exported to the second screen so I just quickly purchased a license to work on getting it place (Really nice work)

I created a new local account, uninstalled the software and then reinstalled the licensed version. Started setting it up and now the second screen only exists on the primary screen but that was a minor issue as I did some searching in the forum and there were some solutions I did not try yet. The more pressing concern is that when I added another 20 videos in 5 folders (25 total in 8 folders) the program now freezes. It worked after I did the Non MP3 tagging, the rebuilding of the database. I signed in and played a couple videos (Second screen issue still existed) and then started working on the random plays. I setup the random plays to work while I started normalizing the rest of the videos but then it just locked up. Cannot do anything in the software.

I ended the software tried again. No dice. Uninstalled and reinstalled with no different changes. Uninstalled and then scrubbed the directory and registry and then did a reinstall. I did get about a couple extra minutes of time before it locked up again. I thought it might be building something in the background as it was using about 10% in spikes of networking (Don't know if it was the application or Windows) but when the application was ended the bandwidth went away.

I am running this on a fresh install of Windows 10, no additional applications. Dual Core touchscreen with 6 GB of RAM.

Any suggestions?

Barcrest

Make sure it isn't installed in program files, try C:\E-Touch. Then make sure all the apps are run as admin, right click properties and under compatibility select run as admin.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Datasavage

Well that took care of the second screen issue but not the locking up issue. I removed the software and then re flushed the Registry of entries. Then reinstalled on the Root. I rebuilt my files from a Mapped drive. Used a hard line network. Still it seems to freeze.

What bugs me is this was working without question for several days.

Datasavage

The only thing I think could be keeping this going is some sort of saved setting somewhere. When I reinstall it is as if all my settings are already staved even though I thought I deleted everything. I was working on the random plays about 5 minutes before this started happening.

UPDATE: I was doing some research. I have narrowed it down to the videos that are causing the issue, Unknown which what is causing the issue yet.

Datasavage

More fuel for the fire, I think I figured out why the program is freezing (Well at least something that works) is that I migrated my videos off of a mapped drive on a NAS directly to the hard drive and that seems to clear up the issue of freezing (Although happened one other time). Now that I have that quasi fixed the second monitor for videos has revered back to monitor one.

Three steps forward, two steps back. Getting close. Going to try hosting the video files on a Windows share instead of a MyBook see if that changes performance.

Barcrest

Some things to check for hanging
1/It can hang if there is a dialogue up from wmp saying that the content doesn't match the extension . If you have E-touch full screen and that pops up it will appear to have hung but it just needs ok clicking on that dialogue. Are you testing it in windowed mode?

2/Turn off random play and only play user selected songs, it is possible to set random play up so it cannot play a song. If you have do not repeat for 10 songs and you only have 5 in a test library it will hang after playing them all. The same if you have limited artist to not be played in X songs. When first getting everything running turn off randomplay to eliminate these kind of issues.

Some things to check for 2nd screen
1/For the second screen, you need to be running everything as admin as i previously described including the config. It it is keeping your libraries it is because it isn't being run ad administrator. If it is run as administrator then all the data is stored in the E-Touch directory.

2/in windows display settings, set the 2nd screen to be to the right of the first one with their tops aligned. Then try using the manual setting in E-Touch with the resolution of the first screen input.

If you are still having issues look at the error log, is there anything in there?

Jukebox Stats...

Datasavage

Thank you for the Information and I do have random plays on. This seemed to have started when I was working on that. I will attempt this tonight. Thanks for all this help, I am looking forward to getting this fully up and running!

Datasavage

I think with your help I have gotten this going, except I cannot pull from a shared network drive while running in admin mode. I have an external drive hooked up right now that I am seeing if it works and so far so good!

Barcrest

Quote from: Datasavage on July 02, 2017, 06:40:23 PM
I think with your help I have gotten this going, except I cannot pull from a shared network drive while running in admin mode. I have an external drive hooked up right now that I am seeing if it works and so far so good!

Do you have the shared drive mapped to a drive letter? If so then it should work fine. if you are just using the unc name that might cause issues.

Jukebox Stats...