Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Software help?

Started by Basho, July 08, 2017, 09:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basho

What is everyone using to tag and grab album art? Most my art is tagged to the .mp3 and is not recognized by e-touch.

Mark Norville

Sadly etouch does not use tagged album art. I am off to bed now, but tagging software is far too many to list now.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Basho

Yea makes it kinda hard.

Mark Norville

Right, as I have been doing a bit of tagging this morning, I thought that I would answer your question, in relation to tagging in a more in depth waffle mode, yes OK I am forking bored.

Firstly I would suggest downloading TagScanner, this gives you the ability to do multiple albums in one go, this is very handy as you can remove conductor, comments, url, and all the other rubbish you do not want.

I would then recommend a second editor, I personally use MP3Tag, as you can create actions which help you with the process of tagging.

It really depends on how strict you want to be with your collection really, you will always find errors at some point, no matter how anal you want to be.

I have not properly gone into what TagScanner can do fully, today is the first time I have tagged in a long while, but you can almost automate taggiing with two programs.

Regards

Mark

And I am still forking bored
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Basho

Thanks Mark,

I'll try tagscanner this weekend. Yeah, I'm done with the perfect collection idea. Now I'm just making sure I get the right album the song original came off of, had to many greatest hits albums lol.

Barcrest

Tagging is something that never ends really, personally I try and go for the following.

Artist
Track
Album
Genre
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on July 27, 2017, 07:36:23 AM
Tagging is something that never ends really, personally I try and go for the following.

Artist
Track
Album
Genre

I also add year since E-Touch is able to filter on that.

I've used Tag & Rename for years and still love it. MP3 Tag is clumsy in comparison.

So I Tag with:

Track
Title
Artist
Album
Genre
Year

Then ALL of my tracks are named:

{Track Number} - {Track Title}

For compilation albums they're named:

{Track Number} - {Track Title} - {Artist}

Worked great that way for years.

I should note to answer the original question, I've always grabbed the Album Art manually. Yes it's a pain but it ensures quality. There are/were a number of utilities that could do it for you. EG:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

https://www.howtogeek.com/57237/how-to-get-complete-album-art-for-your-music-library/

Cheers,

Brad

Barcrest

I use tag and rename to grab the tags and album art for mine. When it was in a bad state i did use the features i built into e-touch to download the covers as so many were missing.

You are right the year is also handy to have, every now and then I will open up the blank year or blank genre list in e-touch and fix up some of those albums. slowly getting there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...