News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Which version / skin should I go for please?

Started by simon26, August 19, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon26

Thing is Mark we cant even get to that stage now anyway, the damn demo keeps resurfacing, my guy has gone into the files and entered my key / username a couple times and its accepting it but just bounces back to demo every single time (I presume, in license show on the jukebox software front page it should show my license number, not that 1234444### or whatever?)

Honestly, the best thing would of really been to put all these tips, especially the one about installing to its own folder on C drive and running it in admin, in one little basic user manual pinned somewhere on forum or even in notepad / pdf or whatever as part of the full software download, as it is Im jumping about finding things here there and everywhere and its a bit of a nightmare as when trying to make this work we are going back over old ground each time and its painful :(

If you could see the key word searches i did yesterday on here youd see where Im coming from - i held off as long as i could from asking all these silly questions and annoying everyone but its just so hard to put this together.

Even my really smart guy getting the hump already, and hes top-draw, so Ive literally no chance.

Reinstall of windows looming - and to have to do that every time something goes wonky is going to be crazy. I cant understand why regedit doesnt clear it all, so strange.

simon26

Actually, is there a way please to check if were still in demo or if my license is on there?

Its not totally clear in license agreement show, only way i can think of is to reinstall a demo on something else and see if that long numbers the same? (License show button doesnt bring up my username or key etc)

Another strange thing is we seem to have a few files relating to software versions 8 and 9, in fact 9 comes up in some of the settings on the menu screens after hitting escape - is that just because version 10 was built on top of version 9 and 'shares' some things or is something wrong there on our side?

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

Did you enter a license key? Once you get rid of the demo version, you should have a black box pop up, where you enter your license code, and forum user name.

If you did not do that, it is still demo

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Quote from: simon26 on August 22, 2017, 12:35:02 PM
Actually, is there a way please to check if were still in demo or if my license is on there?

Also, when you initially launch E-Touch, in the small rectangle window that displays whilst loading, look in the top right hand corner, it should say 'Licenced To: username' which in your case username will be simon26. If it doesn't say that then it's the demo version. You can also check by going to E-Touch settings screen, it should say somewhere Version 10.1.5 for HOME use only (if it says 10.0.0) then that's the Demo version.

Hope that helps a little :)

Regards
Tel.

simon26

Thanks for that, its saying version 10.1.5 so must be the legit version again now, thats progress (Just hope it stays, theres definately something funny going on that regedit wont clear)

Assuming we get past this initial setup grief all we need to try and do is remove a bunch of buttons we wont need (I can do that at least, probably the most straight forward function ive played with on there) and reduce this down to mostly singles organised by decade, some albums organised by genre and the basic artist / track title search feature. Being able to see the track queue would also be handy. If I can somehow achieve that then Im done, i think.

My singles are mostly organised by year, about 100 in each file - im guessing if i try and stick them up like that into decade categories 100 at a time itll be too big? Do i need to break those down into smaller batches to kind of replicate album sizes first before trying to upload them? I think i read somewhere on here yesterday that large groups of tracks could cause problems with slowdown etc?

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

Hi Simon,

If I am reading what you want to do correctly (sod it I need a beer brb) you want more of a singles jukebox, rather than an album jukebox, but you still want albums as well.

I have tried this, and from my experience, it works well for so many singles, and then it struggles with the singles and does not generate/update anymore.

You have to remember that near enough every software has an upper limit to it, so it best not to push too hard.

100 would be the maximum that I would do, to be honest, and ideally, a structured folder directory so that it does not slow down the system.

If you can give a better example of what you want to do, it would help, myself and maybe other people, a screenshot of your folder structure would be good.

An example

- Pop Music
- Rock Music

Something like that, so can try and gauge what you want to do, would be great, I am brain dead most of the times, and even more so as I am working on two computers at the moment.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

You can have as many singles as you like. The full version cannot downgrade to the demo they are separate exe files but it looks like you have that part sorted now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

simon26

Hi

What were trying to do at the moment (And failing badly) is just set this up with the below;

Search function - artist / title - thats easy its on there already and works.

Display track queue somehow - in the singles retro skin were playing with this seems a non starter, please correct me if Im wrong?

Decades - again in the retro singles skin it appears we cant do this, I just wanted to point the singles i have (Already properly tagged MP3's grouped by year on my backup of them) at the correct decade. Failing that Im just as happy to try and create a genre category for each decade, if that works easier.

Albums - I only want to stick a handful on there really to cover certain niche types, like country / reggae / xmas etc - Im not even going to bother worrying about categorising my existing singles in this way, sorting them by decade is just fine.

So really, aside from setting up random play in the background somehow so theres music when nothing been selected all i need to know how to do is build genres and get the buttons for them on the screen, and possibly put a queue display somewhere, thats it.

Once ive got the genres/categories up there Im hopeful i can figure out how to point the various files at the correct category when using the database generate tool.

Mark Norville

Most of what you want, is separate pages, you have one main option, and then you have more options. Some of what you want can be done with a hack I think, the next track, but for the majority, you cannot have everything on one page, not even the commercial jukeboxes do this.

Regards

Mark

simon26

Hi Mark

Does it have to be separate pages? I was hoping to just click a button on the left (genres) which say weve tagged with 1980s and then just scroll down alphabetically through all the tracks weve pointed towards that genre. Failing that Ill just have to have each year in that decade as a separate album i guess? (Which weve got to now)

Weve (Well not me to be fair) now got an 80s genre set up on the left i think (No art so just a blank unlabelled button as not atall sure how to label it yet) that brings up the 10 batches of 80s tracks (1980, 1981, 1982 etc etc) which are seen as albums on the front page, and not the one other album weve stuck on for testing, so theres definate  progress.

Is there any way to lump them all in together as one 80s list we can just scroll through a single decade alphabetically by artist? Or will sticking basically 1000 tracks in one group kill it? It just seems a pain to have to go to each year separately when just browsing through various 80s tracks?

And is there any way to see a queue in the retro singles skin? I can go to 'whats playing' and see what track is next in line, but no more.

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

I am on tablet now, so my replies will be short. Are you running a dedicated jukebox?

If you are it is easier, you could give the same genre or year etc.

If you use other programs then hard to get everything tagged. I use MP3 tag among others a little tip I have found is I can use multiple genres on say kodi if I tag as such

80s Rock Music\\Rock Music\\Europe Discography

However etouch and other programs can usually only use just one.

Right finger hurts so shall finish here.

Regards

Mark

simon26

Hi Mark

By dedicated you mean not in use for anything else? If so then yes, i have set up a pc solely for this purpose, not one other bit of software on it but windows 7.

The random play still wont wont work - am i being thick here, does random play not mean that it plays various tracks when nothing selected? Or am i barking up the wrong tree.

This is literally the hardest thing ive ever had to do in my entire life, im stunned :(

Thanks
Simon

simon26

ok random play may be sort of working now, except it just plays the same track over and over again?

simon26

ive found the queue now, so thats a box ticked, it was under menu, thats one off the list :)

simon26

Random play more or less fixed, not sure how but it is. Im cooking on gas now.

Is there a different skin i should use please in order to get decades up as an option to search the tracks please? If not then i need to just enter them as genres i guess and keep each year set as an album?

Sorry for spamming up the thread, I just dont want anyone wasting their time trying to help me on the bits ive now got on top of. And thanks for the youtube videos you made Mark, i only just clocked those.

Thanks
Simon