News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Which version / skin should I go for please?

Started by simon26, August 19, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

You can't search by genre but you can filter on a genre. For genres it uses an image named the same as the .cvr file in the genres folder. So if you have an 80's genre called 80's.cvr then you need an 80's.jpg in that folder and it will show up. This is how it works for all the genres, years and artists used in the filters.

If you post a picture up of your random play page in the options screen i can tell you exactly how you have got it set up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Hi Simon,

It is good that it is a dedicated juke I would start with about 20 to 30 albums. Get used to the system, how to tag it for how best to do things.

Experiment until you are 100% unless you are in a massive rush, all what it takes is to delete records files.

You can do almost anything with this software, it just takes a bit of time. It can be frustrating but worthwhile having frustration to see how things work.

What size monitor are you using out of interest?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

simon26

Am just using a 15" ELO touch monitor, space will make it tight for anything bigger where its going for now.

Am starting to upload tracks now, have a couple more questions Im afraid.

Where my mate put the 80s tracks up it shows as 'chart' under genre in the database, and the 60s ones i just put up says 'oldies' - is there anyway for me to rename those? This is just in the config mode where i load them up. The single album we put up when first testing (Madness) is under 'Rock' , id want to put that under something else when the time comes also ideally?

Also, he seems to have done something funny with the 80s tracks where on the actual jukebox screen the albums are up twice, yet in the config mode i can only see them once? Its kind of doubled up in the jukebox for some reason?

lastly, i  followed your video and ticked the 'generate image thumbnails' and copy rename first cover boxes, but it doesnt seem to have lifted the little bit of cover art i have on the mp3's (Just a generic little 'billboard 1960s' logo jobby) ?

Worst case, how hard would it be for me to clear these all out and start again out of interest?

Ill try take a picture of the random play settings screen (Im not putting this pc on the net unless i really have to as all antivirus disabled)

Thanks
Simon

simon26

hopefully ive attached the picture correctly

Mark Norville

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

simon26

Hi Mark

Do you mean in the picture above? Select the 'audio' box?

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

You have enable random play top left, click top right one next to where you have audio. I cannot see much as on tablet, so can't do as much as I can on pc

Barcrest

That is set up correctly, if you have a small library take the tick out of do not repeat for 20 songs. This is because with a small library it can end up with nothing to play. If you have more than 20 songs you should be ok to leave it in. You do not need to click anything else.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on August 22, 2017, 05:53:58 PM
You have enable random play top left, click top right one next to where you have audio. I cannot see much as on tablet, so can't do as much as I can on pc

That is for E-Touch DJ he doesn't need that one.

Jukebox Stats...

simon26

Ok thanks. So the more or less last thing for me to do is the genres / album covers - and your saying i need to use the cvr program to deal with that somehow?

I was hoping it would just lift the cover images off the albums but im guessing theres something else i need to do on that?

Also, to clear that doubled up album issue I had,  I just hit generate in the config mode and it seemed to clear out and replace only with the contents of the folder i pointed it towards - was that the right way to deal with it please or could i cause problems doing that? (It did seem to work a treat)

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

I am off for the night as my fingers are hurting now typing on a tablet, someone will be on later to maybe help or if not tomorrow 19:30 UK time now, so not sure where you are so for me will be about 14 hours, as movies then bed.

Regards

Mark

simon26

Hi All

Thanks for your help yesterday, Im clearly not the best with software as Im sure you can tell(!) so apologies if i come across a bit awkward - its not intentional.

Anyway, got some albums up, found where the queue is, got random play going, and even got the album covers on now, so Im doing ok.

Ive just got a bit stuck working out how to group these into genres now and put some art / logos up on the left where the genre groups go?

Basically I have a horrible feeling i need to change the album tags, as the 60's stuff is tagged as 'oldies' which isnt so bad as at least its all together - is there a way if I leave that genre tag I can just stick a bit of art up on the button saying 60's or something?

The real issue is the 70's though to modern stuff is all bunched together as tagged as 'charts' i believe (Its all under one genre filter button on the left hand side thats not been labelled yet). Is there a way of me separating this out into decades by creating genres labelled as such please? And can i achieve this all through the .cvr tool as the boss kindly mentioned above?

Im so close now :)

Thanks
Simon

Barcrest

You do not need the CVR tool. If you do a generate and put the ticks in to generate the genres (Under advanced mode in the config) you will end up with a genre folder. In there you will see a collection of CVR files. You need a JPG in that folder to match the name of the CVR. So rock.cvr would need a rock.rpg and that will show when filtering by genre. The bad news for you is that it does indeed use the genre tag to build these groups. You can also do it by year and artist in the same way.

Hope that clears up the last issue for you.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Hi Simon,

In the folder genres, you will have a file called oldies.cvr, all what you need to do is put a graphic into that folder, and call it the same as the file so it will be oldies.jpg I think it is, if not try png

This will show up, so if you do not want to retag then just use a 60's graphic and call it oldies.

You can do bulk tagging if you just want to change genre with a program called tagscan.

Regards

Mark

simon26

Hi

thanks for that - it wont let me open oldies.cvr - it says needs to look for a program online to open it with - do you know what i need there please?

Have downloaded tagscanner to start trying to sort the tags out in bulk also, will play with that this afternoon.

Thanks
Simon