Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tagging mp4's for artist

Started by sparkie15, January 09, 2018, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Hi I'm having trouble tagging the artist filter with mp4's ive gagged the genre and year no no bother but cannot tag the artist filter with any of my mp4's.  First queation  is can it be done with mp4s and second question is what am I doing wrong.  I've got all my mp4's in my video folder and scan videos from there.  All my mp3's in my music folder and scan them from there.  I can see the mp3's in the artist filter but not the mp4's.  Tried various tags with no joy.
Any help would be appreciated.. Cheers

Mark Norville

Firstly what tagger are you using?

Secondly yes of course it can be done.

Thirdly you need a special file for music videos on etouch.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

I'm using mp3tag and its tagging all the mp4s properly and all the mp4s play with no issues at all.  The only issue I'm having is tagging them with the artist filter.  Also I just added 1 music folder only to the audio folder to make life simpler and that comes up as various artists.  Its now 98 but shows no tag info for various artists.  Been trying to compare them to see where I'm going wrong..

Mark Norville

Are you following my guide to the letter?

You need a file called artist.mp4.tag to use music videos in etouch which looks like this

<NonMP3Tag>
   <Artist>Niall Horan</Artist>
   <Title>Too Much To Ask</Title>
   <Album>Too Much To Ask</Album>
   <Band>Niall Horan</Band>
   <Track>24</Track>
   <Year>2017</Year>
   <Genre>Pop Music</Genre>
   <CommentTitle></CommentTitle>
   <CommentText></CommentText>
   <Seconds></Seconds>
   <Duration>03:45</Duration>
</NonMP3Tag>

So a blank one would be

<NonMP3Tag>
   <Artist>%artist%</Artist>
   <Title>%title%</Title>
   <Album>%title%</Album>
   <Band>%artist%</Band>
   <Track>%track%</Track>
   <Year>%year%</Year>
   <Genre>%genre%</Genre>
   <CommentTitle></CommentTitle>
   <CommentText></CommentText>
   <Seconds></Seconds>
   <Duration>%_length%</Duration>
</NonMP3Tag>

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Ive been tagging them individually with mp3 tag as ive been comfortable with that and its worked for everything but artist filter on videos.  I wouldn't know where to start with your method as I read it and didn't understand it. I don't want to have to go through and tag another 275 mp4s another way but surely you must be able to tag a artist tag that etouch recognises..

Mark Norville

How can you not understand my guide, it is idiot proof? I should know this idiot wrote it.

My way is automatic, it takes two seconds without any typing to do a music video.

Take your time, read it slowly, everything is there step by step for you.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Still looks more complicated than what I'm used to doing.  I just want to tag each mp4 so it will be recognised in etouch as an artist filter.  Is there a way just by using mp3tag when loading mp4.  I don't have to write anything just copy and paste and that includes the artwork as well.

Mark Norville

You still need that mp4.tag file to be in the directory

music videos do not find them on their own, it needs the file. It is the same as kodi, you need a nfo file as the universal scraper is useless.

I just tagged an mp4 file with no problems

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

So how can I input that tag file on its own as I have already got all my music videos on my drive so would have to tag them manually.  How do I add the artist tag.
Cheers

sparkie15

Can I not just add the nfo file then tag manually through mp3 tag.  If so how do I import the tag file

Mark Norville

You really are not listening to what I am saying. I will make this my last reply on this matter, as you are not listening to my help or advice.

Firstly you need for a music video

The folder

The music video

An image of the music video

A mp4.tag file

You can either try using the non mp3 tagger in the etouch directory.

We are just going around in circles here.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Sorry Mark I am listening but trying not to have to grab all my mp4s again using your method.  I have the folder and the music video same name also an image for the video.  The only thing I am missing is the tag file.. I assumed that when loading the mp4 into mp3tag it would generate a file as everything else I've done through mp3tag had worked so far.  What I was asking is if you could add the tag file so it can then be done manually through mp3tag.  Every mp4 I have is already tagged with artist name and song name and shows in etouch with no issues other than video filter.  If I had to start all over with mp4s the artist filter is something I will have to live without..Perhaps I'm just a bigger idiot that I thought..

sparkie15

I exported the tag file you had in your tutorial and here to one mp4 this is what I have but still wont recognise artist filter.  The mp3 tag file is exported as a html.

Mark Norville

I have even done a video to show how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c-C0tTaEx8

I cannot help any more than this

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Mark I am listening to you but I don't think you understand me.  I would have to start again with over 270 music videos with this method. I will use it for future but it doesn't solve my issue with the 270 vidoes I already have.  There must be a way to add a tag for it to recognise the tag I have already generated.  Or another program to tag it as artist so it will be recoignised in filter. My frustration is the year and genre are recognised just not the artist.  This has to be something that can be sorted without starting again..