Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tagging mp4's for artist

Started by sparkie15, January 09, 2018, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

270 is nothing, it takes seconds using my method, I could have the job done in less than an hour.

End of conversation sorry.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Tried your way and still issues which is what I'm trying to explain.  Etouch should recognise these images attached the issue is somewhere else.
Images attached

Mark Norville

You do not have the files matching that is why it is not working

Even though I said end of conversation but looking at the picture you have the mp4 with 00 and then a completly different tag file, so it is not going to work anyway.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Does it pick up the tags for genre and year? Am I correct in thinking your issue is just it doesn't add them to the artist filter?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Having the band filled as well as the artist would fill in the tags properly, it is what the non mp3 tagger uses.

It works fine and dandy for version 9, so unless some new bugs in version 10 then everything should work for him.

Dare I ask, are you running as admin?

sparkie15

Yeah running as admin and yeah just need artist filter  all other tags work perfectly as well as art and thumbnails.  Cant understand why it wont show artist..
Thanks

Mark Norville

I presume you have created your library before hand and now just updating?

I would delete all video files from the etouch directory and then generate library again

Maybe on a test few videos, that have been tagged properly and are named the same as the mp4.tag file

The mp4.tag file should be a text file and not winamp

sparkie15

I've even deleted etouch and associated files and reinstalled and still same issue all music and video files tagged apart from artist filter on videos. 

sparkie15

Mark Norville

What does your config10.exe show?

It would help to see your music vid library and settings

I am on and off as finished for the day so inbetween call of duty

sparkie15

Here ya go. I'm awa for an hour horses to feed..

Mark Norville

Firstly I would recommend looking at your directory structure.

You have 2 unlimited - song title, 2 pac feat dre drey - song title

You will have a lot of problems in the future if you want to transfer files across

I am doing into weeks e.g the charts but I used to have it as such

ARTIST DIRECTORY - 2 Unlimited
SONG DIRECTORY- Get Ready For This
SONG DIRECTORY - No Limits

Your file naming leaves a lot to be desired, I would imagine that this might be one of your problems, anything above 255 characters will be a problem.

I am not on my work PC, so do not have etouch installed on here,

Download this https://1drv.ms/f/s!AomP_UjArPHUdZMMVHsYdAQV1FA it has been tested on my pc so include it into your video folder and then generate

sparkie15

Yeah I did that and the niall video doesn't show in my artist filter either it shows exactly the same as all my other mp4s do.  So I'm guessing its not a tag problem.?

Mark Norville

What version of etouch are you using?

I know for myself that should have worked as it is installed on my system with no problems at all

sparkie15

v10 latest beta thinking of trying latest stable release then a v9 if that don't sort it just to rule things out..