Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tagging mp4's for artist

Started by sparkie15, January 09, 2018, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Well after 6 hours of messing about and bothering mark it turned out to be latest v10 beta that was causing the issues.  Went to v10 latest stable release and hey presto.  Knew I wasn't that stupid when it came to tagging.  Now the big question is now that they all show in the filter there is no image for each artist as it looks like I have to copy artist image into artist image folder is that correct or is there an easier way.
Cheers and sorry Mark for all the questions I owe u..

Mark Norville

Typical the slack brumie coding more bugs.

The Niall horan folder should be all you need

It should show the image as in the folder.

I bet if you went to version 9 it would all work
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

No the niall horan folder shows just the same as mine do.  No image but there are images within that no image folder..

Mark Norville

My bad, the image needs to be part of the tag, it is not part of the folder.

I have it there, mainly just for show.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

In fact forget what I said up there, and click on use first image found, so you have a folder or a cover jpg file.

sparkie15

in appearance on options:  Display 1st image found is the option on v10 and it doesn't work for filter images. It looks like its a long slog adding images to the cvr counterpart again.

Mark Norville

I wouldn't bother to be honest, download version 9 and have it so that it works, you don't want to create more work for yourself when it is bug fixing that needs to happen.

I am on 9.20 and works just great.

sparkie15

Yeah but I'm running v10 skin that wont load on v9 will it..

Mark Norville

It will load I don't think that there is much between 9 and 10 to be honest. You can use version 7 skin on version 9 or 10 but then you lose some of the features.

sparkie15

ill give it a try whats the worst that could happen  ;D ;D

Mark Norville

It could work, and save you a lot of hassle. Get your jukebox running faster without having to mess around with cvr files etc etc, no bugs.

The list goes on.

Barcrest

For the filters each CVR file that is created needs an associated JPG to show on the filter screen. As all the CVR's are in one folder you couldn't use 1st image found. I really don't recommend using 1st image found as it is slower than specifying a filename.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sparkie15

So do I have to find a jpeg and name it the same as the cvr for each individual one as I thought.  Wow that's what I thought and already started last night you would think the cvr could tag a first image upon writing and could use one of the images within the folder as it would be easier perhaps alphabetical order rather than first image to save time. Surely this can be adapted into the program for artist as there could be hundreds and hundreds of them.

Barcrest

Quote from: sparkie15 on January 10, 2018, 03:49:21 PM
So do I have to find a jpeg and name it the same as the cvr for each individual one as I thought.  Wow that's what I thought and already started last night you would think the cvr could tag a first image upon writing and could use one of the images within the folder as it would be easier perhaps alphabetical order rather than first image to save time. Surely this can be adapted into the program for artist as there could be hundreds and hundreds of them.

If it pulled the image for the first album that would work but it wouldn't look right and for genre and year would make no sense. This is why it uses it's own image, you could of course change that filter page to have no images and just be text and no images would be required then.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sparkie15

Yeah I understand and have images for all cvr's for genre and year but thought for artist first cover found would be fine.