Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

jump to letter not working

Started by chaseruk, February 12, 2018, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaseruk

hey guys,cant seem to get the jump to letter working.
tried everything and gave up a while ago lol.had it running like this for over a year
Done a clean install on my jukebox and noticed if i select newly added and then select a letter,it works perfectly.
currently using blue neon (1920x1080)but its the same on all the skins i tried(5,maybe 6 different ones).
anyone shed any light on this ?
Currently using windows 10 64bit(but also tried win 7) and etouch ver 10.1.0.7.
cheers
paul.

Mark Norville

Hi Paul,

10.1.7 is a beta, and from what I am reading contains bugs, do not use this version, and go back to an older version.

P.S does anyone, know how to use the enter or return key, so it breaks up the text? It is easier to read, this way.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

chaseruk

sorry,should of been more specific...

no matter what version i use (think ive tried them all from mid v8 up to the latest beta)

i have never been able to get the jump to a letter working correctly.

it was just by chance i tried it after a new install, and noticed it worked when the newly added filter was on.

lol.....that enough space between the lines for you mark ?

Mark Norville

Yes, the spaces, are much of an improvement.

If you imagine, trying to read text, but it is all JSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJ JSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJ JSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJ JSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJJSJDSKDLJKLSJDJKSJDKJSKLDJKLSJDKLSJ

It makes it harder to understand, and reply, without forgetting what your actual post was.

Ok what skin are you trying to use jump to a letter on? I imagine that you have tried quite a few, that is probaly a stupid question.

Secondly, touch screen monitors, can be hit and miss, some if not all have dead areas, so if they are too much at the top it will not work, if it is too left or right, it will not work, etc.

I can confirm, that jump to letter does work, when I have skinned, I usually have the letters, big and pretty central, to avoid any dead areas.

If you are using touchgenie, the default skin, that is fooking awful. I hate the thing with a passion, I honestly do not know why that is the default skin for, it is far too close, and causes problems such as this.

I can only really say it is the monitor, have you tried using etouch with a mouse?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Jump to letter usually gets messed up if you have an artist at the start of the library with a non ASCII character of A-z or a number. Look in the config and see what albums are listed first and check the artist tag.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

chaseruk

hi Mark..thanks for the suggestions, but its not the monitor.I now have it loaded up on this pc and using a mouse...still the same issue.

Barry,i think you could be onto something with the non ASCII characters.I'll report back after ive re-tagged some of the offending mp3s.

Thanks again guys

paul.

Barcrest

Quote from: chaseruk on February 14, 2018, 08:20:01 PM
hi Mark..thanks for the suggestions, but its not the monitor.I now have it loaded up on this pc and using a mouse...still the same issue.

Barry,i think you could be onto something with the non ASCII characters.I'll report back after ive re-tagged some of the offending mp3s.

Thanks again guys

paul.

This is what caused the issue for me. I thought I had coded around it to ignore those but it seems like that might still cause an issue.

Jukebox Stats...

chaseruk

Think i've finally solved this. I found 8 suspect mp3s out of the 5800ish singles on my jukebox. At first couldn't see anything wrong with them or the tags.

After hours of changing art,deleting the record files,and re adding 1 by 1,i found the suspect mp3s all had a space in front of the artist in the tag.Very hard to notice when they are all in the same folder lol.

Jump to letter now works perfect....just gotta go through the albums now, but at least i know what to look for.

Barcrest

I need to revisit this and see if i can fix it once and for all.

Jukebox Stats...