Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Search Results / Charts - Compilation Album Problem

Started by berrywell, March 11, 2018, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hey all,

Over the past week I've decided to convert all the music on my jukebox into mp3 files, before it was a combination of FLAC, ALAC (in a .m4a container), .m4a and .mp3 files. I decided to do this to have consistency throughout the music collection.

Anyway, since creating the new library I've come across a new problem that I didn't have before and can't work out how to rectify the problem.

Basically, all the songs that are on compilation albums, such as the Now That's What I Call Music series no longer appear in the search results after I press either 'Search more By Artist / Track / Album' buttons. Also the charts no longer display any of these songs either, only the 'proper' artist albums show.

I haven't altered any of the settings in E-Touch from before, previously the search results and charts worked fine.
I am using E-Touch v10.1.7

All songs are encoded in mp3 and on trying a selection of the compilation albums, the songs play fine in E-Touch.
I've tried re-generating the database several times, I also made sure I've ticked the clear button too, so the old database would have been cleared.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Tel.

Mark Norville

You are using the beta, as far as I can tell from previous posts, there are quite a lot of bugs within 10.1.7 and being honest, I would not use it, from what I have read.
This probaly is a version bug and would recomend going down a version and seeing if that works, also I do not think that clear works 100% so I would be tempted to delete all records, and then re generating, if you have not done so already.

These are the steps that I would try anyway.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

I did try your advice Mark, about deleting the database rather than using the 'clear' in E-Touch config, unfortunately this didn't make any difference, the problems still occurred with the charts and search results (not the intelli search).

I also tried taking a few tracks from the compilation albums, I took three songs by Meghan Trainor from the Now series of albums, I then placed them in their own folder and changed the album artist tag to Maghan Trainer & album name to Hits. This worked as these songs then showed in both the search results and chart positions.
When I placed them back into the Now album folder and changed the album name back to the corresponding Now title & album artist back to Various Artists, the songs once again failed to show in search/charts. I did this to make sure it wasn't the newly created mp3 files causing the problems.
It seems that there could be a problem with the search and charts reading the 'Album Artist' & 'Artist' tags.

I haven't had time as yet to roll back E-Touch to a full release version from the Beta as yet to see if that helps.

jukejohn

have you got use album artist ticked in config if so untick it see if search works better

Gaucho

I have album artist unticked as John says and my Now and other compilations work fine for charts and search

berrywell

hi John & Gaucho,

Thank you for your replies, I haven't had a chance to check this yet, I didn't have time to use my Jukebox last night but I suspect this is what has caused this problem. I'll report back when I've checked and tried this.

Gaucho, I've noticed in your screenshot that you have 'Use Album Name On Compilations' ticked, what does this do?
Obviously I can easily try it for myself but I probably wont get a chance to check till tomorrow at the earliest & compiling the library database does take quite a while on my Jukebox.

Mark Norville

I thought that you had all the settings correct, tut tut you lied to me lol

Use album name on compliations means as it sounds

Now Music 15 or Various Artists
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

As Mark says, it's just so all my compilation albums aren't bunched together on the album screen under various artists but are instead sorted by album name (Now xxx and N's, Billboard top 100 under B's etc).

Barcrest

So if you use album name for compilations you are saying the search doesn't work well? This sounds like a bug i have never used that option myself I will need to look at what difference there is.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 11, 2018, 06:09:06 PM
You are using the beta, as far as I can tell from previous posts, there are quite a lot of bugs within 10.1.7 and being honest, I would not use it, from what I have read.
This probaly is a version bug and would recomend going down a version and seeing if that works, also I do not think that clear works 100% so I would be tempted to delete all records, and then re generating, if you have not done so already.

These are the steps that I would try anyway.

Regards

Mark

I am not even on version 10 and I am still bug testing lol I hate to blow my own trumpet

Told you so, blow my trumpet, I told you so, blow my own trumpet, I told you so, blow my own trumpet

Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillipse nor Miles Davis have nothing on me.

Ok, I shall stop gloating for a little while, but told you so lol

Oh and P.S you should never use a beta on your main device anyway, always stick to a stable build, which is why they are called that, betas are for bug testers and for testing.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

I unexpectedly had some time to myself last night so I checked my Jukebox, I did indeed have 'Use Album Artist Tag' ticked.
So I unticked that & recompiled the music library, launched E-Touch, checked the search & charts features and all now work fine.
How that became ticked I don't know as I didn't use that before & thought I'd left all the settings the same
Thanks for your help guys.
:beer

Quote from: Gaucho on March 13, 2018, 02:23:02 PM
As Mark says, it's just so all my compilation albums aren't bunched together on the album screen under various artists but are instead sorted by album name (Now xxx and N's, Billboard top 100 under B's etc).

I tried this option last night when recompiling the database and this is a much better way of displaying the compilation albums. Maybe in future I should experiment with more of the options in e-Touch.  ;D

Quote from: Barcrest on March 13, 2018, 07:08:23 PM
So if you use album name for compilations you are saying the search doesn't work well? This sounds like a bug i have never used that option myself I will need to look at what difference there is.

The 'Use Album Name On Compilations' works fine.
I had the 'Use Album Artist Tag' ticked, this is what didn't work with the search even though all tags are correct and present.