Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My 80's & 90's Journey

Started by Mark Norville, July 23, 2018, 06:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

At the moment I am currently ripping the UK Charts from the 1980's onward. A rather slow process to say the least, but one which I am determined to finish.

All albums are being ripped at a maximum 320kbits (Some might be slightly lower, this is due to the actual recording)
Most albums are the originals unless a remastered version is the only choice. Any extra tracks remain in that folder. There are a few exceptions to this, some albums have that many tracks one of which 39, takes too long.
Most albums have high quality folder art 1,000 x 1,0000 from fanart.tv. Some will have lower quality images, sadly not every artist back in the 80s and 90s were not that popular.
Some albums or compilations have been put together using tracks from different albums so the actual compilation album tracks might be longer or shorter than the original.
Each album is equalized to 95% sound levels
Each album has multiple genres such as 70's Rock Music\\Rock Music\\70's Music this is for Kodi purposes, for eTouch the first genre is always the main one

Currently the following has been completed or missing

January
18 Albums released - 17 complete - 01 missing Des O'Connor (99% Final)

February
28 Albums released - 19 complete - 09 missing (some can be made up so this will change)

March
31 Albums released - 21 complete - 10 missing (some can be made up so this will change)

April
Currently starting

More updates to follow

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I decided to start on the 90's as well, so shall be doing a few months at a time and then switching back to the 80's. The early 80's I hate really as it was mostly 70's music and a lot of heavy metal which was popular back then. The 90's were my clubbing days, so a lot more of the music was more up my street

1990 -1999 - 353 Albums released - 313 complete - 40 missing (Ongoing)

1990 - 353 Albums released - 313 complete - 40 missing (Final) Total file size 41.9 gb

January
09 Albums released - 09 complete (100% Final)
February
24 Albums released - 21 complete - 03 missing (100% Final)
March
32 Albums released - 29 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
April
43 Albums released - 36 complete - 7 missing (100% Final)
May
23 Albums released - 23 complete - 0 missing (100% Final)
June
28 Albums released - 25 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
July
30 Albums released - 27 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
August
18 Albums released - 16 complete - 2 missing (100% Final)
September
42 Albums released - 41 complete - 1 missing (100% Final)
October
48 Albums released - 42 complete - 6 missing (100% Final)
November
46 Albums released - 38 complete - 8 missing (100% Final)
December
10 Albums released - 6 complete - 4 missing (100% Final)

January
12 Albums released - 11 complete - 1 missing (100% Final)
Feburary
27 Albums released - 20 complete - 7 missing (100% Final)
March
31 Albums released - 28 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
April
31 Albums released - 28 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
May
29 Albums released - 26 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
June
35 Albums released - 32 complete - 3 missing (100% Final)
July
23 Albums released - 19 complete - 4 missing (100% Final)
August
23 Albums released - 18 complete - 5 missing (100% Final)

The rest of 1991 is now complete, but was lazy and never noted how many new entries

1992 is now complete 38.6 GB
1993 is now complete

*** Currently starting 1994 ***
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Oh look the foul mouthed, american is back.

Hopefully this time you will get banned for life, as you do nothing in this forum, apart from moan and insult people.

Also learn how to spell, WHEN is such an easy word to spell.

The only cock around here is you.

Mark Norville

For anyone that is interested in this.

I now have a faster way of ripping but obviously I cannot say too much on open forum.

At first I was ripping in real time, so an hour long album took an hour and 10 minutes, I would often have to keep getting up and down to the computer to record each track in turn.

So I have spent the past few weeks painstakingly recording over 200 albums.

The new method is using another provider, and all what I need to do is create a playlist, copy that playlist to a program, and it rips each track in turn at a much higher speed. No more having to keep getting up.

There is a free version of this software, which takes the playlists from a certain provider, and then downloads the audio from youtube. It can give some good results and is extremely fast, however there is a paid version, which rips direct from the provider, giving much better audio quality.

I am now ripping an album in around 20 minutes, rather than an hour.

To give an example. I ripped 30 to 40 albums in one day, before this would have taken me, 30 plus hours so say four days of ripping at 8 hours a day, just to round up the numbers.

Regards

Mark

Basho

Interesting only one provider and program comes to mind but its free.

Mark Norville

I am just trying to stay in between the law but the first was APM and the faster one is spot, you can tell whom I mean. APM was real time recording, but spot at the moment is a lot more handier. I was going to wait till November and try a 30 day subscription, but thankfully I thought that I could work on two computers at once.

However, I have not even touched APM since, so I am ripping on one computer and then going through my back catalogue on the other computer trying to get order for my music collection.

I have two main sources and then searches online before I mark an album as missing or impossible.

The first year is almost done, thanks to spot, otherwise I would have been about another month using APM.

Try spot and sid ;)

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

Just an update on this. I stopped this project just before Christmas as wanted my money for that.

Today I decided to check Spotify for any Christmas/Boxing day sales and sure enough there was one listed on my screen which was 3 months of Spotify for £9.99 so £3.33 a month.

My wallet could not come out fast enough, so although I am still in holiday mode I could not wait to test out if it was still working for rips, and still works so I am currently ripping on the other PC.

I finished off 91, so tomorrow I shall start on 92 while keeping up with the latest releases.

I am not sure how long the Spotify offer will run for, or whether it was there for me, because I had not upgraded membership for a couple of months, but well worth it, to have a look.

Regards

Mark

Norman Marshall

Quote from: gueromemphis45 on August 01, 2018, 03:09:37 AM
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Who the devil is this internet Troll????  If you have nothing constructive to say then please feel free to leave the forum and cancel your membership forthwith before someone else does,  alternatively..apologise for you silly little outburst and appreciate the hard word involved in creating this software and the skins which I myself was once involved with.....thank you
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on December 29, 2018, 01:41:37 AM
Quote from: gueromemphis45 on August 01, 2018, 03:09:37 AM
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Who the devil is this internet Troll????  If you have nothing constructive to say then please feel free to leave the forum and cancel your membership forthwith before someone else does,  alternatively..apologise for you silly little outburst and appreciate the hard word involved in creating this software and the skins which I myself was once involved with.....thank you

Who knows, He hasn't been around for a while. I try not to delete people unless they are obviously spamming.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mcbrine

i Know this is an old post but i feel compelled to reply. I have concentrated my efforts for the last years compilling the uk top 100 singles charts since 1952 when the charts began. I have managed to cover nearly every sing that has been in the charts since they started. I have a few years in the 90's left to do. Working on it for around 8 hours a day it takes me around a week to do a single year. obviously i cannot spend a week at a time to do this so that is why it has taken me so long to collect the songs, but in the end i should have evey record that has been in the top 100 since it started.

Mark Norville

Yeah it is a full time task, the albums are not that bad to be honest, it only takes me a month to a whole year or just under. I have taken a break now as I had a three month spotify account, and I was at the computer downloading and tagging for just over two and half months. I think I got fed up two weeks before my subscription ended. I have 94 finished but needing tidying up.

If you need anything just send me a PM and I can see if I can help if you cannot find something. I am going for singles on my main jukebox and albums on my kodi setup.

The worse thing for me though, is that I never listen to music, so I waste my time doing this just because I can.

Regards

Mark

Mcbrine

LMAO if we only did things on the computers we needed to do then i would not have 8tb of memory in my main server and an average of 2tb in my laptops