Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Newbie Questions

Started by johnny Williams, August 02, 2018, 06:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny Williams

i am getting my head around adding my music and videos to the adding them to the database but i would like to be able to do it more effortlessly.

So i liturally have a music folder with all my music in it, approx 11,000 files, and i generate my jukebox database from this folder and i can then play my different songs no problem, how do i separate the songs into different albums, 80s,90,00s, genre, etc. I also have a folder with songs and album covers how would i tie these to my songs

I have also created the database for video with any music videos i had in a folder. when i search music videos i just get the songs i uploaded with moving back grounds displays and no video.

Since i updated to 10.1.6, nay time i search for a particular song, the system freezings on the searching icons, this is happening more reqular  then not.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Johnny

Mark Norville

Ok firstly let me clarify something

You say that you are using songs? Do you mean that you have 1,000 songs from the 90's in one folder called 90's music?

Or

Do you have them as albums and then the genre of that album is called 90's pop music?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

johnny Williams

I have one folder with all the MP3 music in it. no sub folders. i take it i need to create sub folders for different albums.

Regards

Johnny

Mark Norville

Ouch

Ok, firstly you have to remember that this is an old program and can only handle so much abuse.

Sadly having one folder with 11,000 songs in one folder is just far too much abuse.

Really in one folder, I would say a maximum of 100 songs are the maximum that you want to have.

As for you putting them into albums, 11,000 songs would be pretty impossible to do and would take you a long time to sort them out.

I personally would put them into volumes myself.

So 90's vol 1 - 10 songs
90's vol 2 - 10 songs

This is why you are having pauses etc using the system.

The only thing that you could do, is download albums but sorting out the songs into the album would as I say take a long time to do.

I personally am thinking about going for singles, rather than albums, but I have one song in it's own folder, so when I am doing the charts, my directory and file structure is this

Week 01 - 05th Jan 1990 (folder)

05 - The Bee Gees (folder)
Saturday night fever.mp3 (file)

10 - Another artist
another song

Amazon music does have a system, where they have songs into albums, I think you could do this using the collections, but again that would take a long time.

With amazon, they have an artist, an album, but the song might be from another album, but the same song, so they make up their own album compliations

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

If your videos are not showing try and install the K-Lite codec pack. Then check they play in media player correctly and they should also play in E-touch correctly.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

As we are onto music videos, rather than songs. I wrote a guide and done a video on how I do my music videos

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5613.msg39436#msg39436

I done this a while back, but it still should be current, but you need an nfo file for your music videos.

And the way that you have your songs, you probably are not organised with your music videos either.

If you need any help, just shout, I can always boot up the PC and problem solve when I have time, but really a well managed library goes a long way as well.

Regards

Mark

johnny Williams

Cheers for the feedback guys, bit of progress made. I am in the middle or sorting my music collection using a piece of free software called MusicBrainz which automatically sorts itself into albums, date, artist depending on the string of script you have wrote. This itself takes some time but fingers crossed all will go well.

Another question, I uploaded a few sample albums which work fine, but I doesn't show the album cover. The album covers did auto-populate in the banners folder, is there anything else I need to do to see the album covers on the application when I open e touch?

Much appreciated

Johnny

Mark Norville

You need to make sure that in etouch config

You will automatically see copy and rename first file found, that needs to be ticked. Ideally you want it called cover, but I have mine set as folder.jpg.

If you watch from 08:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDuXwPkIjI

It will show you how to do it, you don't really need to watch the rest as it was a bit long when I done it, but it shows you the basics and some more advanced features.

Regards

Mark

johnny Williams

Yes i have that ticked. Image displays on the album background and logo, but not on the album cover. What is the directory that the cover images sit on?

Johnny

Barcrest

Quote from: johnny Williams on August 06, 2018, 04:45:29 PM
Yes i have that ticked. Image displays on the album background and logo, but not on the album cover. What is the directory that the cover images sit on?

Johnny

You need an image in the folder the mp3's are in for that album called cover.jpg around 400x400 and then ideally a coversmall,jpg about 150x150
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

johnny Williams

That did the trick, music is becoming more organised and albums covers are making things a lot more interactive and appealing

Thanks for the prompt replys.

Johnny