News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

CROSSFADE - SHOULD IT / DID IT EVER WORK?

Started by wwwombat, January 08, 2019, 02:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinlpowercom

I shut random off and put some songs in the que but it did the same thing.

Mark Norville

Probably a bug then, as that would be the only things that I could think of to do in relation to cross fade. My jukebox PC is in bits and I do not have it installed on my office PC otherwise I would have tried version 9 as that used to work for me, if I remember correctly.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

So it looks like it is only working for dual screen set up and using that it isn't working for you at all. Does play now work after it has stopped process the queue.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wwwombat

Well... bugger me! Who'da thunk to look there? (well, you obviously Barry!)

Yes, I too confirm that on a dual-screen setup (like my live photo kiosk jukebox + TV) that crossfade does indeed work, without messing around in WMP outside of E-Touch.

And works for both audio and video although not a huge fan of the 2nd-monitor desktop fade in/out that appears to happen over my full WMP visualisations that otherwise plays during the audio.

My test laptop used to be connected to a spare second screen at work but they got rid of all of the extra hardware lying around a few months ago so single screen it is for me there.   

In light of this knowledge, and kevinlpowercom's posts,  I turned on the USE SECOND MONITOR checkbox on the APPEARANCE SETTINGS page on my laptop, even though a second screen isn't connected.

Sure 'nuff, the crossfading on the audio tracks works (although you initially get two songs playing on top of each other if you had one already playing - just an annoyance to clear or let it play out.)

So far I haven't experienced any other problems like kevin, although I'm playing a lengthy queue (20+ songs processed out of 85 so far) and haven't gone near the random settings yet with crossfade.

Reinstated my TTS files and the commencement announcement doesn't seem to have any ill-effect on the crossfade function so that's good.

Haven't yet retested video cross-fading in this scenario, although that seems a little pointless since I'll never see them with this setup - guess I can't have my proverbial cake yada yada yada...

Barry - ever possibly contemplate separate crossfade settings for audio vs video? I'll masticate it over for a while but audio crossfade on / video off might be my desired endgame on my live jukebox (and I guess judicious use of the PAUSE SONG AFTER X SECONDS (KARAOKE) on the same settings page. Haven't checked yet if crossfade affects this but obviously wouldn't want it to apply here.)

kevinlpowercom

It does not even give me a button to Play Now with second screen checked, single screen and the button appears.

wwwombat

Hmmm... that doesn't happen for me... On my single-screen test laptop (with "use second monitor" ticked), I have the PLAY IT NOW, PLAY IT NEXT and ADD TO QUEUE all enabled (only have ADD TO QUEUE on real machine) and all show.

Is there any chance you could get screens shots of at least your BUTTON SETTINGS page and APPEARANCE SETTINGS page (and anything else you deem relevant) and paste them here to see if I can replicate your error / see the differences between our setups?

I'm using the TouchGeniPattern skin.

Barcrest

Kevin are you running everything as admin?

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Yes, everything in admin, on root of C:\ using Windows 10.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Blue Neon 1920X1080, but I tried Black And Yellow Letters 16X9 and Touch Geni and they did the same thing.

wwwombat

kevin (but all really)... I don't want to take this post in a different direction but is there any easy way these days for one person to show another person their PC screen without having to install extra software? Hold up an iPad running Skype?

I'd like to help you and I'm trying like buggery to pseudo-randomly alter options and use different skins (I have some of what you appear to)  and always run E-Touch as admin, not install into Program Files yada yada yada, but I cannot replicate your position given I now otherwise "work" once Barry pointed out the "use second monitor". No solace for you at the moment I know, but the various PLAY buttons always show for me.

Given the discussion would like to think that if I could "see" your screen without you grabbing screenshots/videos and loading them somewhere (I see an attachment button below on the post screen) that this is more a "setup"/UAC error than a "bug".

I've had a look at your post history and it seems you've suffered a few "second screen" issues in the past. Also, does your machine still have a betabrite etc. attached to it? (just another thing to check.... I don't but me messing around with those options don't seem alter anything we're talking about)...

As a matter of interest, if you can't provide a screenshot, what IS shown on the track selection screen from the following:-
  • Background fan art or default artwork
  • The folder art
  • The track title and track artist
  • Any video/karaoke available buttons if applicable
  • Any of the play now, play next (make mine first), add to queue, add to playlist buttons (assume no)
  • the 'x' button to close the screen
Stupid question but the track isn't already in the queue which would negate most of these buttons showing here (except add to playlist I think) if you don't, like me, allow duplicates in the queue... can you see any text in their place (or could that be a colour we can't see or transparency settings somehow coming into play)?

Of course, I'm on 10.1.6 (I think you said you were on 10.1.7+)... might try downloading a later version tonight just in case.

kevinlpowercom

Ok, I think I've got it.  Second monitor has to be checked, but it wound not work for me in manual.  I had to change to monitor 1 and then it worked.

Barcrest

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on January 24, 2019, 05:47:08 AM
Ok, I think I've got it.  Second monitor has to be checked, but it wound not work for me in manual.  I had to change to monitor 1 and then it worked.

If you have 2 screens then in manual you have to put the resolution in of the main screen so it can position the second one. Also the second one has to be located to the right of the 1st in windows even if that isn't physically the case.

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Barcrest

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on January 24, 2019, 12:46:36 PM
I"m using single screen.

Odd, in that case it shouldn't have mattered what you picked as you are not bothered about where it is displaying it should still have then used the crossfade correctly.

Jukebox Stats...