Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

CHARTS "TEMPORARY(?) FIELD LENGTHS" NOT BIG ENOUGH

Started by wwwombat, January 08, 2019, 02:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwombat

CHARTS "TEMPORARY(?) FIELD LENGTHS" NOT BIG ENOUGH
Apart from getting rid of stupid national characters in Artist names, I'm usually very pedantic when it comes to naming both the track title and the track artist to the fullest.

I have noticed that, although each track is correctly recorded in the database, that when "EXACT MATCH" is on, that some of the string must be dropped. Through empirical means so far I believe the longest string-length value that works is around 60, since some tracks fail.

Of course, once I turn EXACT MATCH off, I usually don't have a problem.

i.e. with EXACT MATCH on

and EXACT MATCH off

And yes, I realise I could shorten the entries I put into the Chart files but, as I said, I'm a little anal-retentive about that.

You can see that otherwise the song can be found through normal searching/browsing means so it's in the database in its entirety.

The following are some of the songs (I have plenty) I've found in my system this occurs for when I was trying to find where the limit was.

• Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz : Downtown (AUS 2015 SEP)
  • DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil' Wayne : I'm The One (AUS 2017 MAY)
  • Calvin Harris featuring Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean : Feels (AUS 2017 JUL)

Respectively the length of the above track artist fields are 87, 72 and 64. So far, the biggest track artist name I have on my system that I find works is 60 so the cutoff limit is somewhere in the 61-64 range. Surely the length should match what's allowed in the database for the same fields.

I think I've found something similar for a long track title as well, but it doesn't look like I recorded that one anywhere.