Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Loading music into player

Started by jessejames, January 22, 2019, 05:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

Hello I have recently downloaded and paid for the full version jukebox. I installed the V10. Seem to have figured out my way around it fairly well. And I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I try to load my music Into the jukebox. I have 4700 mp3 songs. 900 mp4 music videos. When I attempt to load any of them into the jukebox. They show up in random places when I load the skin. The a through z slider doesn't do anything with them. And I usually only get about 60 songs. I also am unable to get any file information or album covers for them.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Did nothing
I have tried installing the v9 and V8 versions. Did nothing
I've tried only installing 10 songs at a time. Didn't make any difference
I have watched about 10 videos how to properly load songs into the player. And her follow them exactly as specified and I do not get the same results.

I'm running a brand new Acer multi-touch all-in-one computer that I have had special built to be excessively fast.every single thing I have installed on this computer has functioned 100% with no issues.

The only thing I can think of is I must be doing something wrong. Are there some trick I've missed.

After 3 days in about 25 hours of attempting to load songs albums covers and to make this program function properly. I have had zero success.

Can someone please help me. I'm at my wit's end. And really want to make this work  :tommy

Mark Norville

First questions first

1) Have you installed as admin?
2) Have you installed outside of c:\program files into something like c:\jukebox
3) Are you running each program as admin including config

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

You need to have your MP3's tagged correctly. Each album also needs to be in it's own folder.
Then each folder needs to have it's own image, i use cover.jpg and this name needs to be set in the main e-touch settings screen.

If you just have a few 1000 mp3's in a folder then you are going to see issues, even more so if they are not tagged.

For music videos you need to create tag files for those with the included non mp3 tagger.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jessejames

Thank you for getting back to me right away. I really appreciate the help. But I'm still extremely confused

I am unsure of what you mean when you say the MP3 needs to be tagged correctly? . All my mp3s are saved in a folder named music1. All albums are in subfolders of their own.

Don't know what a tag file is?

As far as the image goes. I thought this program downloaded them for you? Do I have to manually download and set every image?

1) Have you installed as admin?---((Yes))
2) Have you installed outside of c:\program files into something like c:\jukebox----((Yes = c:\e-touch))
3) Are you running each program as admin including config ---((Yes))

Mark Norville

Oh boy. You do not know what MP3 tagging is?

If you have a file called song.mp3 you still need to tag those files

So you have Artist Katy Perry - Song Kissed A Girl - Year - Album Any Album etc

If your MP3's are not tagged or stored properly, then you will have problems with all programs that you use.

All of them read the tag files that you give your mp3's

I am almost going to bed soon, if you need further help and a guide, please let us know and someone will help.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

If you have each album in a sub folder then they should show up.

Download a program called tag & rename, 30 day free trial and use that to tag your mp3 files. This is basically setting the track title, artist and album name. These are the main 3 tags you need and make sure the album name is the same across all mp3's(Tracks) in the same album.

There are loads of guides and tutorials on the web about tagging your mp3's. Tag & Rename can tag from the internet and pull down the album covers for you also. Make sure you save the album cover as a file.

Jukebox Stats...

jessejames

So somehow I managed to get it to load the audio files. Didn't do anything different. Then I've been doing since the beginning.

It has the artist album and genre Right.
And it has loaded all of them into the player properly as far as I can tell. Still have been unable to get it to even give me one album cover.

Does this program actually download album covers?
Or I do I have to do every single one individually?
Or is there a program that will do it for me?

Barcrest

As I said tag & Rename will get covers for you. You need an image in each album folder with same name and then specify that name in the settings of E-Touch

Jukebox Stats...

jessejames

Working on tagging and thanks for all your help I'll get back to you if I have more troubles :beer