Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run-time 62 error

Started by Beewak, February 02, 2019, 09:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beewak

Hi, I'm new to this so go easy, please! I recently bought a jukebox that runs Windows XP and has Freebox V4 installed.

All was working fine, had been adding mp3s with no issue. Went to boot it up 2 days ago (without adding any new music) and all of a sudden I'm getting a Run-time error 62 'input past end of file' and it fails to load.

I've tried clearing the mp3 folder and just adding a couple of albums that I know were working fine but still can't get past the run-time error. I can generate a new playlist with no errors but nothing seems to work.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Mark Norville

I am trying to type a response, without sounding nasty, but it is not working, so apologies for my reply being blunt.

1) The version that you have is old and unsupported any more, only the programmer Barry can help in relation to this. If he remembers that far back.

2) The machine that you brought, comes with an illegal version of the software. E.G it is registered to someone else and he should have wiped the hard drive before a sale, but sold it probably on the basis that he could advertise it as a jukebox and get a higher price for an old machine, e.g conning someone out of money.

3) If it is running windows xp, then the chances are that the hard drive is old and knackered and potentially the computer is on it's last legs as well.

Your best bet would be to spend some money on hardware and also software. A new SSD drive increases the speed of an old computer and makes it like a new computer. Also purchasing the software as a lot has changed since version 4.

Sorry if this seems a bit bitchy, but it is the best answers and advice that I could give to be honest.

We have had a few roll in asking for help after buying a dodgy computer from ebay, and sadly any tech support really should come from the supplier of the machine.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Beewak

Thanks for your honesty. I guess I may have been a bit naïve in my purchase. I didn't know anything about how it worked and assumed the software installed was all part of the package.

I have no problem purchasing software if that is possible? Is that something I can do through here? If so, do you know if the latest software compatible with Windows XP or would that need to be upgraded too?

There is no internet connection on the machine either so do you know if that would present a problem for installing a newer version?   

Mark Norville

Ok so I shall answer you in turn

1) You can donate here http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/ then post in the forum to say that you have donated and then Barry will upgrade your account within 24 hours.

2) Yes you can use XP, but I do strongly suggest a SSD drive and if you can a windows 7 install (This is my personal choice, as XP is just far too old now, windows 7 is great and fast)

3) I have a usb stick, so you can download and then transfer it via the stick, either that or I used to have a burner and a blank rewrittable and use that to install things

4) While I am thinking about windows xp. I really do recommend upgrading that, just incase you have any viruses, any dodgy stuff that he has put on. Again this is my personal choice, you are more than welcome to keep it, but if that hard drive goes down, then you are screwed really.

Almost 11pm here, so I shall be off to bed soonish, and Barry should be on at some point tomorrow.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Beewak

OK, thanks Mark, appreciate that.

Barcrest

Sounds like the DB got corrupt. You now have access to V10, I would install that and then generate the audio DB again. That XP Machine will be ok as long as you are noo planning on putting it on the internet. You could upgrade to windows 7 but that goes end of life in a year.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

I use xp for my projects as doe the big guns nsm and sound leisure use xp still to this day

however as mark says this is using the newer hardware and a ssd does help

Beewak

Thanks for the replies. At present XP is all I have so have installed version 10 on that and all seems good. Database built no problem and all the features I've tried seem to be working as they should.

Been going through the menus though to find an option to turn off the audio introductions to the tracks (I assume there is one) but can't find anything. Am I missing something?

Beewak

Mark Norville

Glad you have it sorted

Go into your program folder where you installed it e.g c:\jukebox

Find folder called TTS

enter that folder and then either delete or rename the text file inside.

This will remove the voice

Regards

Mark

Beewak

That's great Mark, appreciate that.
Beewak