Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool - Track Listing Page Alignment Problem

Started by berrywell, June 12, 2019, 03:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I'm in the middle of making myself a brand new widescreen skin.

With this new skin, on the track listing page I've decided to have the maximum allowable tracks, which is 20, displayed. The problem is that tags 14 – 20 won't allow the use of 'centre' alignment; these keep defaulting back to 'left' align. I know I could just use left align for them all but the centre align works best for this skin design.

I've tried searching the .ini files but simply can't find any mention of the tag alignments within them, I assume these are in the main core part of the app?
Does anyone know if this is a bug or not?

EDIT

Should have said, in the skin tool app the alignment moves okay (left, centre or right) it's the main app where it doesn't display correctly, stays left aligned.

Mark Norville

Bug probably you should know that the skin tool has not really been bug fixed in a while, was only me and you creating skins for a long while.

Sadly I have nothing set up so I cannot test it and confirm it, but pretty much I would go for the bug option.

Nice to see you back anyway and new skin bloody hell lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

hey mark,

It probably is a bug but I just wanted to rule out my own system playing up. I only built this PC back in February/March time as my old PC's motherboard went up in a puff of smoke, so I just wanted a second opinion.

I've not been around that much in the past few months due to a shoulder operation. It's only really been the past month or so it's actually felt normal again. I couldn't spend much time on a PC as it made the shoulder ache way too much. Now it's back to normal, I feel the need to use the PC as much as possible again so I decided to make a new skin. Well actually it's a remake of one of my 4:3 skins for widescreen but some of the buttons and background are new. It's coming along nicely at the moment.

Barcrest

Does the alignment stay correct when you re-load the skin into the skintool?

If so then it is just the main app not reading in the alignment for those extra track listing positions. I can get an update out later today if you can let me know.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on June 13, 2019, 05:39:28 PM

If so then it is just the main app not reading in the alignment for those extra track listing positions. I can get an update out later today if you can let me know.

I've just checked and the alignment stays correct in the skin tool after reloading, it's just the main app that it's not reading the alignments.

Barcrest

Quote from: berrywell on June 13, 2019, 06:03:23 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on June 13, 2019, 05:39:28 PM

I've just checked and the alignment stays correct in the skin tool after reloading, it's just the main app that it's not reading the alignments.

Not an easy fix, that file is really not saved in a nice format. I will have to make a change to how that file is saved (Will save it as tracklist3 to maintain compatability).

This will take a while.

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Ahh right no worries, I'll still leave it set with centre aligned should you do find the time to fix this.

Barcrest

Quote from: berrywell on June 14, 2019, 09:44:22 AM
Ahh right no worries, I'll still leave it set with centre aligned should you do find the time to fix this.

It is because of how I made the change to allow additional tracks to be displayed. There will be a fix.

Jukebox Stats...