Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Retro V2

Started by berrywell, July 22, 2019, 08:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I've remade the Retro Singles skin from a couple of years ago with some new graphics.
Two versions of the skin are available, 1024x768 and 1920x1080
It can be downloaded from the V10 skin section.

Here's the screenshots:-

Main Screen - 1024x768

Main Screen - 1920x1080

berrywell

Search Screen- 1024 x768

Search Screen - 1920x1080

Charts Screen - 1024x768

Charts Screen - 1920x1080

berrywell

Hot Hits - 1024x768

Hot Hits - 1920x1080

Queue - 1024x768

Queue - 1920x1080

berrywell

And Finally..

Now Playing - 1024x768 (with animated turntable)

Now Playing - 1920x1080 (with animated turntable)

jukejohn

Mark Norville

Steady on man, I have only had one cup of coffee so far, I never saw this yesterday, I just saw that John had replied to something.

Mucho nice for a retro skin, love the animated turn table was trying to get that to work ages ago. Sadly no access to the skin and I do not have etouch set up currently so cannot try it, but looks cool from the screens.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Looking really nice.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

To be honest, this is how the Retro skin should have looked in the first place and I was never happy with the original but the graphics in V2 were beyond what I was capable of at the time.

Mark, the animated turntable is nothing more fancy than an animated gif but it seems to work well with this skin design. Anything more elaborate would either require a re-coding of the App's Now Playing screen or making every single song on the jukebox with a video showing a turntable working its way across a 7" record.

Barcrest

Quote from: berrywell on July 25, 2019, 09:30:13 AM
Mark, the animated turntable is nothing more fancy than an animated gif but it seems to work well with this skin design. Anything more elaborate would either require a re-coding of the App's Now Playing screen or making every single song on the jukebox with a video showing a turntable working its way across a 7" record.

Yeah, you could probably use a video in attract mode but how you did it is really the only way way without some major code changes.

I have to code for a rotating disc that i was going to use displaying the CD image if available but i never added it to the main app. I have it working in a test app i made as proof of concept. Like the 3D rotating case i also have. The issue i had was keeping them animated smoothly without breaking things like start next track playing etc. This is because of the loop i was using. I could revisit it i guess. If I get chance I will throw together a beta with some of this in and see if we can work a way to get this skinable if there is interest

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

if you checkout fruitbox jukebox for raspberry pi on youtube they have masterd some sort of timer
the record loads and unloads at the end of each track and you can down load that gif also

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on July 25, 2019, 10:46:19 AM
if you checkout fruitbox jukebox for raspberry pi on youtube they have masterd some sort of timer
the record loads and unloads at the end of each track and you can down load that gif also

This would be easier to impliment but if you are cross fading it wouldn't work. Basically i am guessing they are loading up a gif when track starts and then loading up a now playing gif then loading a track end gif.

Issue with this is it would show the arm moving but the track would have started unless a delay is specified before track starts.

You would also need a delay between tracks to allow the unloading animation to finish.

Again if there is interest in trying this it could be added faily easilly i think (well play start gif > now playing gif > end gif) the work comes on waiting for one to finish before playing the next one....

This could be done though, again if anyone want's to beta this let me know.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Could use a video jingle of the record being taken off the turntable and then placed on the turntable. Set this to play between each track.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I am 50/50 once I eat this ice lolly then I can type with both hands

A turntable for a skin like this is great, however it would not be a benefit for other skins such as modern, even though I might have seen one modern jukebox with a turnable as an animation.

It has been a long while since I have had a jukebox set up, so I am having to do all of this from memory, but I think that I had a piece of software that could show animated things as the screen saver. It will be somewhere in the forum.

If all of this was turn on or turn off able then it would be worth while, however, I prefer cross fade so would not like to see this sacrificed just for an animation.

I still need to rebuild my jukebox PC, but that is money that I cannot afford at the moment, and secondly, if I see and tag another MP3 I will scream. I never listen to music anyway, for me it is just a boy toy.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

on modern skins a cd loading maybe might look cool

berrywell

I'm happy to test any Beta builds that use the ideas mentioned etc. but I won't be able to try them until the first full week of August as I'm off on my jollies tomorrow and hope to have a few  :beer in the process.  8) ;D

Quote from: jukejohn on July 25, 2019, 11:10:24 AM
on modern skins a cd loading maybe might look cool

Depending on the size of the gif, a skin could be made to show the Now Playing page and animated gifs all the time (probably at the bottom of the screen ~130px high), so as soon as someone selects a track (assuming nothing else is playing) they would see the CD load up and spin when the song is playing. Or indeed a vinyl record with the arm moving onto the 45.
These are just ideas off the top of my head though and would require the ideas Barcrest mentioned above implementing.
How much demand for this type of feature though, I couldn't say.