Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Spotify issue

Started by simon26, November 04, 2019, 12:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Ok remove the tick where it says use selected genres

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

simon26

Ok I think that's random play back thanks, don't suppose you know where all my genres with their icons would of gone from the left hand side ?
It 'looks' like they still must be somewhere as 1980s was still in the random play area, ive also seen a couple others if I select 'add top 10 genres' - but weirdly it's not all of them just a few repeated a few times - maybe the most used ones?

Thanks

Mark Norville

You have wait time between tracks bottom left set to 0

change that to a positive number say 10 for example

I cannot see what is highlighted in red.

Also click on reset where your 1980's is, that might bring up the genres again

I am going to watch some TV now that I have some peace and quiet but I will be back and forth so I will keep checking and replying and unless Barry comes on, hopefully we can get you back up and running properly tonight.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

simon26

Ok thanks , the red thing is 'stop random on user selection'

When I hit reset the genres disappear , but I can't seem to add any back in unless I select 'add top ten genres' and then it won't let me delete any to take it just back to 80s music

For the life of me I can't figure out how I lost all the genres from the left side of menu though, I had icons for each and maybe ten different ones

Can Spotify have tried to interfere with all this somehow ?

Mark Norville

I cannot honestly say yes or no on that, certain programs like spotify that want to control your audio do take control of your settings and does reasonably make it's own modifications

However, I can only assume that, sadly my jukebox pc is in bits and I do not have etouch installed on my office pc, I used to, otherwise I could have tried it for you as I have spotify installed on this.

Barry would be the best one to answer for settings, but it is 5pm UK time and weekend so he might be taking time off with family.

I can only tell you things that I would try to get working, well apart from formatting and reinstalling, which would be a final solution for me.

Well I did think I was having some peace and quiet, the building work has stopped now some idiot has his drum kit going.

simon26

OK thanks for your help, random play is definately working to a fashion for now so thats cool.

The genre thing is odd as ive looked on the c drive in the jukebox files and i can see the pictures for each icon (80s / 90s / rock etc etc) are all still in there - they just arent on the screen to select anymore, were down left hand side originally, im worried if i fiddle too much i might mess things up even further.

have attached a picture that shows where theyve disappeared.

Thanks

Mark Norville

Well I know what your problem is now, you are using a Berrywell skin, no wonder it is not working ;)

Are you still running as administrator for everything? Update your library again.

Make sure you run that as admin

Regards

Mark

simon26

Mark, you've been a great help thanks - did what you said and I've got my genre icons back, everything seems to be working just as it should again . 

Thanks again

Simon

Mark Norville