Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Spotify issue

Started by simon26, November 04, 2019, 12:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon26

So against my better judgement was persuaded to stick Spotify on the same pc as this software, it's somehow messed up our random play settings and I've no idea why.
Have deleted Spotify from the pc now and checked over all Random play settings and can't see why it won't function any more - any ideas would be greatfully received

Thanks

Mark Norville

I know that Spotify and spotify rippers control your audio using a different channel from your actual system audio.

You would need to go through reg edit and find any instance of spotify and look at your drivers to really get it gone. Sadly nowadays de installing get's rid of the program, but leaves everything in your registry to stop piracy.

Years ago, you could install a program, and deinstall every time the free trial was over and start again, which is why they now leave finger prints in the registry settings.

Unless you are tight for room, e.g you only have one PC which you have to surf the internet with, send emails etc, but always a good rule of thumb, have one computer for doing say a jukebox and leave it as that.

However, check your registry and also your audio settings.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

simon26

Ok thanks I'll have to try that then .

It's odd as the jukebox software still boots as normal on power on , and still plays tracks as selected - it's literally just the random auto play that's gone , very strange why Spotify would cause that particular issue .

Mark Norville

I am only guessing as most if not all of us have never had this problem. However, spotify does take a lot of control of a PC's audio, also it will use random play, which is where it might have caused a conflict, I am only guessing at this though, but obviously spotify is used on alexa, google home etc for random play and other play lists.

I have spotify installed on my office PC, when I go to volume mixer, I have three options

speakers, system sounds and spotify track, if you try playing some audio check the audio mixer and see if you still have spotify come up as an option.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: simon26 on November 04, 2019, 09:54:30 AM
Ok thanks I'll have to try that then .

It's odd as the jukebox software still boots as normal on power on , and still plays tracks as selected - it's literally just the random auto play that's gone , very strange why Spotify would cause that particular issue .

When you say gone, do you mean it doesn't pick any random play songs?

What settings do you have set for random play?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

simon26

Hi

Yes it just won't do random play and weirdly it seems to keep repeating the last song selected too, its very odd.

I really didn't want to install Spotify, annoying as this was working perfectly a couple years now

I'll have another look at settings tomorrow.

Thanks

simon26

Hi

Spotify seems entirely gone and volume mixed just shows speakers - system sounds / etouch.

I can still select a song and play it, comes through fine, it's just the random play that's not working anymore

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

If you go to your settings,

take a screen shot and put as an attachment you might have possibly knocked something off in settings

Regards

Mark

simon26

Thanks Mark, it's not letting me post as says file too big , I'll try figure that out sonehow as can't edit photo file size in phone I shouldn't think

It doesn't automatically enter random play when booted, which it did before. And if you select a track it'll just repeat it again and again

Thanks

simon26

Nope I can't post it, if I reduce quality by emailing it to myself the forum software rejects the image as not conpatible file :(

simon26

Mark Norville

You need to load up the software etouch, go to admin settings

press print screen on your computer, load up a graphics program such as paint or gimp whatever you have

do ctrl and v to paste into that

do a bit of editing to make the file size smaller e.g just cut out what you need to show, not the background etc

export as or save as.

A mobile phone might be trying to take a picture in 4k etc

Regards

Mark

simon26

Hi Mark, thanks I've got the pic up loaded now.
I have just noticed all the genres have vanished from left hand side of main display area, think this might be linked as random play is set to 80s :(

Mark Norville

You need to check audio all

also you have use selected genres ticked and only 1980s in there

so it will be searching for 1980's genre so it will not play rock etc

Also make sure use this volume for random is ticked as well

It might be working fine, but because you do not have that ticked, it might be defaulted at 0 sound.

Try it and hopefully something I have said works. Sadly I cannot test it myself as do not have my juke set up

Regards

Mark

simon26

Thanks I've ticked all those but still no joy - it does appear all my genres have literally vanished tho ?

I think that's the problem and I've no idea how to make them reappear?