Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Online search

Started by Norman Marshall, June 13, 2020, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

This online search has been broken by youtube and it isn't easy to fix, I have been looking at it on and off but I have had a lot of other stuff on.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

You might be better off removing this feature from Etouch, just so that it does not continue to give you problems.

Youtube will always keep dancing so you might fix it tomorrow, but then in three months time it will be broken again, fix it and then broke again.

For yourself it is a hassle, with people moaning that it does not work, then hassle for you having to try and fix it. I don't think that any other jukebox software allows you to download videos on the fly, so it was a nice project, but it is becoming a hassle for you.

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

For a while it was my killer feature, really i would like to offload it to another project like i did by switching to using the youtube downloader. That saved me a ton of work but there isn't an easy was to offload the search to something like that...

I won't remove it but it will always be a YMMV type feature I think.

Jukebox Stats...

ajs1544

any updates on getting the online search running? Or is it totally dead in the water now..?

Barcrest

Quote from: ajs1544 on May 13, 2021, 10:56:16 AM
any updates on getting the online search running? Or is it totally dead in the water now..?

It has been working for ages in the beta builds.

Jukebox Stats...

sparkie15

Anyone got the online search working in the latest beta.  I cant get it to find any online songs.  Any help wuld be appreciated..Do we still use the youtube.dll and exe file.
Cheers