Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Red-n-Black HD Skin question

Started by Mo Ralston, March 10, 2021, 02:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Ralston

Hello,

I am using the Red-n-Black HD skin and I noticed some ghost writing running through the left "NOW" on the now playing screen. The writing says Current Rating I believe. (I have attached a screen shot). I have looked and I can not find this field using the skin editor. Any ideas on how to best locate this so I can move it?

Thank you

Mark Norville

I have just booted up the skin tool and on that screen you have the following

Two text examples and then you have stars

The best way of altering a skin is to have either a black or white square as a graphic. You replace the stock graphic and replace with the black or white square, that way you can see all the labels.

However, you have to remember what colour fonts you are using.

So black font = white background
white font = black background

You should then be able to see the label that you need to move, either that or just move the graphics out the way either up, down or left, right just enough to see if you can see the label.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mo Ralston

Hi Mark,

Run your E-Touch jukebox software and load the Red-n-Black HD skin. Play a song and let it go to the Now Playing screen. The black text only shows up while the skin is active in the Jukebox software. I have tried your previous suggestions and I cannot find this text string in the skin itself.

Thoughts???

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 10, 2021, 11:40:53 AM
I have just booted up the skin tool and on that screen you have the following

Two text examples and then you have stars

The best way of altering a skin is to have either a black or white square as a graphic. You replace the stock graphic and replace with the black or white square, that way you can see all the labels.

However, you have to remember what colour fonts you are using.

So black font = white background
white font = black background

You should then be able to see the label that you need to move, either that or just move the graphics out the way either up, down or left, right just enough to see if you can see the label.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

Hi Mo,

I do not have my jukebox set up. I only installed onto my office PC to help you with your license problem.

I will try and have a look at some point, I shall have to install some MP3's on my office PC and have a look.

Hopefully someone can help you in the meantime. I shall try and have a play some point today when I switch on my cinema PC I have my MP3's on there so shall transfer some across.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Hi Mo,

Where did you download this skin from? I have just tried having a look but I cannot find it listed, unless I have missed something.

A link would be handy

Regards

Mark

Mo Ralston

Hi Mark,

This is actually one of Barry's skins from the private section. http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5997.0

I loaded a white background using the skin editor and i cannot see the text anywhere. However when i run the jukebox software and load this skin it shows up. On a side note, Barry also has a Blue n Black HD skin that does the same thing. All other skins that I have tried are fine???

This is not a huge issue, it is just an annoyance as i am running a 24" widescreen monitor and it is very noticeable.

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 11, 2021, 02:33:41 PM
Hi Mo,

Where did you download this skin from? I have just tried having a look but I cannot find it listed, unless I have missed something.

A link would be handy

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

Hi Mo,

That skin must be in lifetime subscriber forum, sadly I do not have access to that. I will have a look at black n blue.

I do not have any problems with the black n blue, have you been editing the skin with skin tool yourself?

Regards

Mark

Cary_B

Quote from: Mo Ralston on March 10, 2021, 02:14:03 AM
Hello,

I am using the Red-n-Black HD skin and I noticed some ghost writing running through the left "NOW" on the now playing screen. The writing says Current Rating I believe. (I have attached a screen shot). I have looked and I can not find this field using the skin editor. Any ideas on how to best locate this so I can move it?

Thank you

Mo, I loaded up and tried both of those skins.  Neither one of them showed the ghost label for me.  I have seen ghost labels show up before occasionally, but always after I changed from one skin to another.  Seems to be some skins have extra settings that don't always get cleared when a new skin is loaded.  Probably not what is happening in your case, but they always disappeared for me when I reset the jukebox and it loaded the skin I wanted when the software first loaded.  Again, doubt this is it, but I couldn't replicate it here..

Mo Ralston

Thank you guys for looking at this.

I modified the original skin background to remove the "Now Playing" on the left side where the ghost text shows up and replaced that section with a faded black area in the background. The text is still there but now I can't see it. Problem solved (lol).

Quote from: Cary_B on March 11, 2021, 04:22:28 PM
Hello,

Thank you

Mo, I loaded up and tried both of those skins.  Neither one of them showed the ghost label for me.  I have seen ghost labels show up before occasionally, but always after I changed from one skin to another.  Seems to be some skins have extra settings that don't always get cleared when a new skin is loaded.  Probably not what is happening in your case, but they always disappeared for me when I reset the jukebox and it loaded the skin I wanted when the software first loaded.  Again, doubt this is it, but I couldn't replicate it here..

Mark Norville

When I am back on my office PC tomorrow, I shall try to recreate your problem if I can, now I know you what you have removed, then I can have a look in skin tool.

The current rating was on the default skin and it had stars, I will have a look at black blue as it should be the same thing, just different colour graphics.

I know that the skin tool has been updated since I last used it, so it might be possibly a bug that no one has found until now.

I am not even sure if Tel (Berrywell) is still skinning, I now have a google hub max so the rare occasion that I do play music, I just talk to the box and play a song.

Once I get my builds back up and running, then I might have a look at finishing off whatever skins I had started, but I strip a lot of stuff out that I don't need such as volume, star ratings etc etc.

I just got sick and tired of tagging so gave up on MP3's, it was becoming more like a full time job than a hobby, and when the fun stops, then time to do other things, so my arcade PC has been my main focus for a while.

Regards

Mark

Mo Ralston

OK, when you press a letter at the bottom of the Album screen to jump to a letter, there is a little window that pops up with the letter you pressed in it.
Can someone tell me where I can find this box in the skin?

SIDE NOTE - I tried to attach a screenshot to this post but I get a message saying the upload folder is full

Thank you

Quote from: Mo Ralston on March 11, 2021, 05:22:06 PM

I modified the original skin background to remove the "Now Playing" on the left side where the ghost text shows up and replaced that section with a faded black area in the background. The text is still there but now I can't see it. Problem solved (lol).

Hello,

Thank you

berrywell

Quote from: Mo Ralston on March 11, 2021, 05:22:06 PM

Hello,

Thank you

I have no idea why that shows in the skin, I can't find the tab anywhere in the skin tool, I have tried looking at the ini file too.

To get rid of it, go into the E-Touch jukebox settings, select 'Button Settings' then untick the box "Show Ratings Thumbs" in the Misc Button Options. This will get rid of the offending text.

Maybe if Barry is still sorting out bugs, he may be able to look into this as I can't find this text box on the Now Playing page, it may be something left behind from an older version that's no longer in version 10?

berrywell

Quote from: Mo Ralston on March 12, 2021, 05:59:49 PM
OK, when you press a letter at the bottom of the Album screen to jump to a letter, there is a little window that pops up with the letter you pressed in it.
Can someone tell me where I can find this box in the skin?

SIDE NOTE - I tried to attach a screenshot to this post but I get a message saying the upload folder is full

Thank you

If memory serves me right, this little pop up window can't be skinned, I'm fairly sure it just uses the player controls background by default. I don't recall seeing anywhere in the skin tool where you can alter the size either, it appears to be hard wired into the main software.

Barcrest

it is hardwired, it is so you can input more than one letter to jump to a more specific place. I will look at fixing this up (Allowing it to be skinned at least with a background image) in the next beta.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mo Ralston

Thanks Barry. The only reason I even brought it up is because it appears to be popping up in a box that is not sized properly for the background image and it looks like it is being cut off. It just looks unfinished or something.

I tried to upload a screen shot of what I am talking about but I get an error message saying that the upload folder is full.

Quote from: Barcrest on March 13, 2021, 07:27:35 PM
it is hardwired, it is so you can input more than one letter to jump to a more specific place. I will look at fixing this up (Allowing it to be skinned at least with a background image) in the next beta.