Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Norman Marshall, March 22, 2021, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Is anyone using win 10 for etouch? ive just tried to install the beta on a win 10 machine and a "this app cant run on your pc" message popped up.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

I run it on windows 10 fine, you have to set all the exe's to run as administrator under compatibility settings and do not install it under program files. Something like C:\E-Touch\ should be fine.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

You also need to turn off UAC or it will ask you if it's ok to run the program every time you run it.

Norman Marshall

Thanks guys I'll give that a try, always been a win 7 juke to be fair
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Mo Ralston

Hello, I am running E-Touch under Windows 10 with no issues.

The question I have is, has anyone had any luck setting up E-Touch to start automatically when Windows 10 loads?
I have added E-Touch to the startup folder in windows and set it to run as administrator but it will not start when windows loads. I have other third party programs that I can get to start using this method but I can not get it to work with E-Touch.

Any ideas??

Thank you

Norman Marshall

Mo Ralston

I appreciate it but I have already tried all of this and more. I have set up a lot of windows PC's and have used the auto start feature many many times. There seems to be a glitch in Windows 10 that does not allow some third party software to start this way.

I haven't zeroed in on it yet but I am still trying.

Thank you

Quote from: Norman Marshall on April 08, 2021, 08:01:53 PM
you might want to give this a try

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-app-to-run-automatically-at-startup-in-windows-10-150da165-dcd9-7230-517b-cf3c295d89dd

Barcrest

To get it to launch on start up you need to use Task Scheduler.

Create a task to run on login with highest privileges and it will work, this is because windows 10 will not auto start an app if it is set to run as administrator.

I have just done this on a new jukebox build and it works fine. Make sure you set it to run on login not on start up otherwise it will be running in the background.

Jukebox Stats...

Mo Ralston

Thank you Barry!

Do you need to disable the Windows UAC to prevent the pop up window from showing up or is this step not necessary when using task scheduler?

Quote from: Barcrest on May 12, 2021, 10:10:44 AM

Create a task to run on login with highest privileges and it will work, this is because windows 10 will not auto start an app if it is set to run as administrator.

I have just done this on a new jukebox build and it works fine. Make sure you set it to run on login not on start up otherwise it will be running in the background.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mo Ralston on May 12, 2021, 01:18:13 PM
Thank you Barry!

Do you need to disable the Windows UAC to prevent the pop up window from showing up or is this step not necessary when using task scheduler?

Quote from: Barcrest on May 12, 2021, 10:10:44 AM

I disabled it as i think it will still prompt you.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Mo, did it work for you. I am having an issue where my new windows 10 build isn't setting the correct resolution for E-Touch in full screen. Not a deal breaker as i can just manually set the windows resolution to the skin resolution so it is fine but not sure if it is linked to launching it this way. I still need to do a little more testing with it.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

This is news to me I have my jukeboxes still on win 7.  I may need to give this a try.

Mo Ralston

Hi Barry, No for some reason this is still not working for me and I am pretty fluent with Windows. I am now digging into the Registry to see if I can launch it that way. It appears that Microsoft is trying to make Windows more secure and the side affect is it makes things like this more difficult. Very frustrating.

Quote from: Barcrest on May 16, 2021, 03:38:34 PM
Mo, did it work for you. I am having an issue where my new windows 10 build isn't setting the correct resolution for E-Touch in full screen. Not a deal breaker as i can just manually set the windows resolution to the skin resolution so it is fine but not sure if it is linked to launching it this way. I still need to do a little more testing with it.

Barcrest

Not sure why it didn't work for you, i am on the latest windows 10 build.

Jukebox Stats...