Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Beta tagger and "(Text11)" problem

Started by James77, March 14, 2008, 03:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James77

Hi,
When using the beta tagger, if there is a period in the artist or album the beta tagger does not pull from the fields correctly.

Also, when vieiwing the album, after the track names to the far right you see (Text11) in parenthesis.  You also see (Text11) in the bottom of the screen where the album is playing, as well as in the queue.

Thanks,
James

Barcrest

You are seeing that text11 i think because you do not have a track time. Really the beta tagger is not as intuative as it could be when trying to work out the name. I make sure my filenames for videos are:
Artist - Track.Extension

That is the best way of doing it as you can then make it tag them and it will fill in the track time then if you use tag from filename.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

James77

Barry,
When I use the beta tagger I use it to pull the artist and album from the directory structure (these are wav audio files).  If there is a . in the artist name or album it just screws things up.  I can always just manually fill in the tag information for artists like R.E.M. etc..

Is there a way to get the text 11 not to display if not using track times?

Thanks

Barcrest

AFAIK this isn't a problem in V4, i will look to see if it is a bug in V3 and if so i will get a fix out. If there is no track time then it shouldn't display anything, so i will have to check for you...

Jukebox Stats...

James77

Barcrest

I did a little work on V4 last night and i didn't see this bug so i am sure i fixed it in there, i will look at the V3 source on friday and see if i can replicate the bug and if so get a fix out.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

spudgunman

i also have this issue, also there is no input validation for things that WMP cant play like MP4 you cant stop the import of them.

Barcrest

Media player will play everything that is inported into the database as long as you have the right codecs installed. Look for the K-Lite codec pack.

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

yes but it might be a good idea to put some validation checking on the import for non standard supported files.