Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Chart Discrepancy?

Started by BeefSupreme, July 06, 2021, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeefSupreme

So as i was tinkering about I noticed the charts I had by default only had 10 entries for before 2015. So i did some experimenting. I backed up then deleted the .txt files from the "1990" folder & let the program repopulate them. Yay now they had all 100 entries for each month.... EXCEPT when i looked at an old file "05.txt" to compare the info to the generated one I found some differences & discrepancies. the default one had references to chart position .gifs & an entirely different top 10??? How did the default charts get the .gif reference? & is there a way to populate those?
-We can share the women, We can share the wine-

Barcrest

Quote from: BeefSupreme on July 06, 2021, 08:41:21 AM
So as i was tinkering about I noticed the charts I had by default only had 10 entries for before 2015. So i did some experimenting. I backed up then deleted the .txt files from the "1990" folder & let the program repopulate them. Yay now they had all 100 entries for each month.... EXCEPT when i looked at an old file "05.txt" to compare the info to the generated one I found some differences & discrepancies. the default one had references to chart position .gifs & an entirely different top 10??? How did the default charts get the .gif reference? & is there a way to populate those?

The GIF references if they moved up or down etc from the previous ones. I think they were sourced from somewhere else before i added the ability for it to scrape them off the web. I used a mid week chart rather than a monthly one as i couldn't find a monthly one back when that feature was added.

I did have a tool to add the gif support but i think i lost it in a hard drive crash a while back. It crawled through all the charts and did it for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...