Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

About 100 newly ripped CD's Don't have correct Title , Artist or Track on 01

Started by Pinball, April 12, 2022, 10:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I ripped about 100 new albums and loaded them into my original Music folder .

I now notice that for 01 ( The first track of each album) most of the 100 new albums I loaded are like this :

Name                                 Title                                    Artist                                          Album

01 This Magic Moment                   TRACK 1                               Unknown Artist                          Unknown Album

02 Na Na Hey Hey                         Na Na Hey Hey                      STEAM                                      AM Gold

etc... and on and on..

All following tracks on each album directory have NAME ,  Title,   Artist   Album ...    with correct info

When I go to the Next Album Directory, the 01 Name is There, but the title shows as  TRACK 1, then Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

etc...  Have all correct info.

Something got screwed up when I ripped the new 100 CD's.

If I go into Windows, File Explorer, I can edit the NAME but not the Title, Artist or Album...

I also kept a copy of the new CD's in another folder, so I can go after just those 100 new CD's. I need to know the steps to look at that new 100
album Directory folder and be able to edit easily the Title, Artist and Album on line  01.. 

Once I get that corrected, I can copy replace these 100 artist album directories into my main Music Folder.

Do I need to run Config on the 100 Album directory?  Or is there another tool to allow me just to Open each of the 100 new Directories
and edit in the correct Title, Artist and Album on line  01.

Thanks!

Old, Retired and not a really Computer guy...  Arrg!

Mark Norville

I would look at how you are tagging and what program you are using for tagging.

Sadly I cannot offer much help on this as I have not tagged anything for over three years now I think as I got bored of it, was more like a full time job than a hobby.

However, this was the tagger that I was using https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I would check the tags and then reimport them into etouch, a manual edit might not be what you are looking for in the long term.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Pinball

I loaded the Tagger / editor you suggested.  I am editing now. Works.  Thanks.

The album shows in the Jukebox with correct 01 Track title / Artist , etc..after i ran config.

Back in the day before I installed this version, I recall a part of the Config process would go through all the albums and I would see album cobers flashing by. That is not happening now and the Albums I add are showing in the Jukebox as NO IMAGE FOUND.

I have Generate Image Thumbnails  checked and Copy and replace first cover found checked.

Cover.jpg
CoverSmall.jpg

Remove missing files is checked.

Do not overwrite Thumbnails  is checked

AUTO TAG FILTER %1\%2\%3   <-   Not sure what these values should be.

Also 7 Days new is greyed out.  I want to remove the "NEW" indication on the Juke albums..

Any help is appreciated.

Thx.

Randy

Mark Norville

Hi Randy,

The new albums is part and parcel of the program, however you can change this in your settings, go through them and you should see show new and a 7, change this to 0.

I would also delete my files and then run a scan again for new albums, that way it was always clean, I never trusted the updater on it.

Sadly I cannot help you too much as I do not have this set up any more, especially not on this PC and I do not have any MP3's.

I am doing a lot of system building over the weekend so I shall be going through a lot of hard drives so I might come across a lot of old stuff.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Pinball