Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Win 11 Commercial install

Started by KevMul, March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevMul

Hello Everyone,

I have this running on a clean Windows 11 machine. it works to a fashion.

I'm looking to use this commercially in a bar I've been testing but have a few questions:

1. I have a Coinop but it would be easier if there was another means to add credit passed from a card transaction, then using a HID, I'm not looking for a payment system but a means to send a signal probably over a network to add credits.

2. I tried to add a video, mp4 but it didn't seem to recognize it, is there specific formats or is there more info on how to do this.

3. The Music DB we currently have a large selection of wav's with the Artists, Albums on the file path and filenames with cover images in the directory. I'm happy to process and extract data to generate id tags probably trans-coding to flac. is there a way to understand what to do to get the music automatically parsed.

Note: also the config app crashes whenever i don't have a valid path in the Media Path.

4. Regarding the interface there are a lot of controls and I can't make much sense of the config interface, is it possible to setup so the public can only add from credits. but have admin access to manipulate the playlist and skip tracks.

5. we have redundancy with another PC in the bar, it is possible to switch between the two easily if there is a hardware issue with one of the machines. I really asking about the license key, we currently have JB software on a machine which is failing and if it breaks totally we lose the jukebox because of this..

Kev.

ps. The captcha here is pretty brutal.

Barcrest

Quote from: KevMul on March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PMHello Everyone,

I have this running on a clean Windows 11 machine. it works to a fashion.

I'm looking to use this commercially in a bar I've been testing but have a few questions:

The key is to run all the EXE's as Admin under right click and compatibility and install to a folder outside of Program Files so something like C:\E-Touch. I have not used it personally on Windows 11 but Windows 10 work fine following those rules.

Quote from: KevMul on March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PM1. I have a Coinop but it would be easier if there was another means to add credit passed from a card transaction, then using a HID, I'm not looking for a payment system but a means to send a signal probably over a network to add credits.

Do you have any documentation about this, currently credits can only be added via keypress or usb note acceptor but it might be something I could add.

Quote from: KevMul on March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PM2. I tried to add a video, mp4 but it didn't seem to recognize it, is there specific formats or is there more info on how to do this.

If it plays in media player it will play with the jukebox. I would suggest install the K-Lite Codec pack as tis will let you pretty much use any video format. If the video plays but the jukebox isn't finding it you need to tag those using the non mp3 tagger included that creates a .tag file for the video.

Quote from: KevMul on March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PM3. The Music DB we currently have a large selection of wav's with the Artists, Albums on the file path and filenames with cover images in the directory. I'm happy to process and extract data to generate id tags probably trans-coding to flac. is there a way to understand what to do to get the music automatically parsed.

Note: also the config app crashes whenever i don't have a valid path in the Media Path.

You need to use a format that let's you add tags. I use MP3 and the tags read fine from those. FLAC should work but i have not tested the TAG reading so I cannot be 100% with formats other than MP3.

Quote from: KevMul on March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PM4. Regarding the interface there are a lot of controls and I can't make much sense of the config interface, is it possible to setup so the public can only add from credits. but have admin access to manipulate the playlist and skip tracks.

You can hide the player controls and set the options screen to require a pin to access. You can hide the queue too or set it to read only so punters cant mess with it.

Quote from: KevMul on March 24, 2023, 02:09:18 PM5. we have redundancy with another PC in the bar, it is possible to switch between the two easily if there is a hardware issue with one of the machines. I really asking about the license key, we currently have JB software on a machine which is failing and if it breaks totally we lose the jukebox because of this..

Kev.

ps. The captcha here is pretty brutal.

Commercial licences are tied to the the hardware and require you to give me a public key to generate this licence.

The captcha had to be like that as we were getting hammered with SPAM, like 100s of bots a day signing up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...