Author Topic: V4 Demo Released  (Read 11825 times)

Offline Barcrest

• Developer and Head Honcho.
  • Administrator
  • Fu: +92/-5
  • Grooooooooovy!
V4 Demo Released
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:47:25 PM »
Freebox is Windows based Jukebox software for playing your personal music and music videos. Perfect for touch screen systems, it can very easily be operated using a mouse.

Features include:

• Show the top 10 played songs of all time
  • Browse music by artist, year and genre
  • Decades Feature, Shows offical top 10 by month and year
  • View a recent history of songs played
  • Search by Track, Album or Artist
  • Karaoke supported, MP3 + G files.
  • Browse music by album covers or a text list depending on skin used
  • Clicking on an album opens the track list where the user can select to add a single track ,The whole album, Add to A Playlist or Download to a folder.
  • Configuration allows you to turn on or off any button on the screen. Don’t want your users to add the whole album to the queue? Just remove the button
  • Configuration also allows you to request a PIN code to access any of the main menu items. Don’t want your users to see the queue but still want the button shown? Just PIN code the button
  • Set up play lists (load and save from with in the jukebox)
  • Play music videos just as you do your music. When in Video mode, you browse through the artists adding videos to the queue. These can be piped out to a second screen.
  • Show a visualisation as tracks are played (WMP or Winamp required)
  • Completely skinable. Included with the software is a skin tool which allows you to move and re-style buttons, backgrounds and layouts
  • Multiple monitors are supported. Run your Jukebox software on one and the visualisation on another. This could be the TV out or Monitor 2 port
  • “power off” options of shutting down the jukebox software or the PC. This can also be automated at a certain time, eg: midnight. Custom scripts can be run when the software is closed
  • Schedule skin changes using a calendar so it will change automatically for special events.
  • Random Play by library (Music, Karaoke or Videos) Or by Artist, Genre and Playlists
  • Networked Jukebox Master/Terminal (Allows the use of multple jukebox terminals to add songs to current queue on master jukebox)
  • Transparency (Allows backdrop (wallpaper/visualization) to show through jukebox frontend
  • All jukebox functions are mappable via keyboard shortcuts (useful when using a remote control)

Public Use features – these are features useful if you plan to use the Jukebox for commercial purposes.

• Show a “NEW” label on albums recently added
  • “Attract Mode” – This can be used to change the skin on certain dates (eg: changing the skin to a Christmas one in December). Attract mode can also be set to play random songs and play visualisations to attract users
  • Create separate databases – useful if you have different types of parties where the jukebox is used (eg: Wedding, Children’s party etc)
  • Freebox has a credit module which is used when a coin mechanism has been attached to the PC. You can set the properties for a “credit”. For example the cost to add a song to the queue, cost to play the song next and cost to play a song now. This is also split be media library type with different pricing for Music, Karaoke and Video.
  • Freebox fully supports the Betabrite LED sign, and Also the Chinese Variant. You can configure what appears (credit information, song information, general messages etc). 2 Signs are support at the same time.

NOTE: You will require WMP 11 to be installed to use this, you can however alter the freebox.ini and change the engine to 0 if you wish to use the old V3 engine which doesn't require WMP 11.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:25:07 PM by Barcrest »
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Offline stiefel

• Fu: +0/-0
Re: V4 Demo Released
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »
Hi Barry,

Looks brilliant in one word! I am a user of PCJB but you know how things happen there for the last 2 years.
Now this is some alternative!
It has almost the same features as PCJB. Couldn't find anything for crossfading. I need this for my JukePod
(www.jukepod.nl)

Greetz,
Marcel

Offline eist1

• Freebox Lifetime Supporter
  • Fu: +11/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »
Since Freebox V4 uses Windows Media Player 11, you can probably use the built in Crossfader. Just open WMP goto View/Enhancments/Crossfading and Auto Volume Leveling then goto the bottom and hit Turn On Crossfading and choose an overlap time (0 - 10 seconds) Not sure how it will work, as I don't use that feature, but it's somewhere to start.... Welcome to the forum....

Offline kizer

• Fu: +8/-0
    • Links4jeeps.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:50:53 AM »
I've been using WMP9 in 2k so if its the same setup as the Beta V4 you shouldn't have any issues.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Offline stiefel

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »
Thanks all for reacting!
I'll try that tonight....will show the results here.

Greetz,
Marcel

Offline Barcrest

• Administrator
  • Grooooooooovy!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »
Not sure that will work because i think media player needs the songs in it's own queue to crossfade them. At the moment they are only passed to WMP a song at a time. However if there is a fade out and fade in option that might work just as good.

Jukebox Stats...

Offline kizer

• Fu: +8/-0
    • Links4jeeps.com
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Just to make sure there isn't any confusion I meant I had good results in WMP9 playing, but I didn't try any of the cross fading stuff that is if there was any confusion. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Offline stiefel

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
Thanks all, I tried but Freebox seems to ignore WMP crossfading settings.
Is there maybe some kind of plugin available?

Thanks,
Marcel
The Netherlands

Offline Barcrest

• Administrator
  • Grooooooooovy!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 01:10:51 PM »
I am using a plugin but it only seems to fade the songs if i skip them before they end. If i let them end normally it doesn't seem to crossfade them.

Jukebox Stats...

Offline stiefel

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 02:49:38 PM »
OK thanks, too bad....
Is it on your wish list?

Offline Barcrest

• Administrator
  • Grooooooooovy!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »
It is something i would like to add yes. Just having the time really....

Jukebox Stats...

Offline spudgunman

• Freebox Developer
  • Fu: +1/-0
    • mywebsite
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »
nice job your really starting to get this in the badass market!!

i have 50k+ tracks i just loaded up into it and at 180mb ram seems stable so far

Offline Barcrest

• Administrator
  • Grooooooooovy!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »
The lowest spec i have had it running on is P700mhz 128mb Ram and it was perfectly uasable.

Jukebox Stats...

Offline dno

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »
Is the latest V4.03 available for paying supporters? I don't find it anywhere to download....and the link in this initial thread is dead.... :(

Offline spudgunman

• Freebox Developer
  • Fu: +1/-0
    • mywebsite
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 06:51:43 AM »
that would be under

V4 Private

your in public which is why there is issues, but i also did notice that its a dead link to the public (private works)