Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V4 Demo Released

Started by Barcrest, March 30, 2008, 11:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Freebox is Windows based Jukebox software for playing your personal music and music videos. Perfect for touch screen systems, it can very easily be operated using a mouse.

Features include:

• Show the top 10 played songs of all time
  • Browse music by artist, year and genre
  • Decades Feature, Shows offical top 10 by month and year
  • View a recent history of songs played
  • Search by Track, Album or Artist
  • Karaoke supported, MP3 + G files.
  • Browse music by album covers or a text list depending on skin used
  • Clicking on an album opens the track list where the user can select to add a single track ,The whole album, Add to A Playlist or Download to a folder.
  • Configuration allows you to turn on or off any button on the screen. Don't want your users to add the whole album to the queue? Just remove the button
  • Configuration also allows you to request a PIN code to access any of the main menu items. Don't want your users to see the queue but still want the button shown? Just PIN code the button
  • Set up play lists (load and save from with in the jukebox)
  • Play music videos just as you do your music. When in Video mode, you browse through the artists adding videos to the queue. These can be piped out to a second screen.
  • Show a visualisation as tracks are played (WMP or Winamp required)
  • Completely skinable. Included with the software is a skin tool which allows you to move and re-style buttons, backgrounds and layouts
  • Multiple monitors are supported. Run your Jukebox software on one and the visualisation on another. This could be the TV out or Monitor 2 port
  • "power off" options of shutting down the jukebox software or the PC. This can also be automated at a certain time, eg: midnight. Custom scripts can be run when the software is closed
  • Schedule skin changes using a calendar so it will change automatically for special events.
  • Random Play by library (Music, Karaoke or Videos) Or by Artist, Genre and Playlists
  • Networked Jukebox Master/Terminal (Allows the use of multple jukebox terminals to add songs to current queue on master jukebox)
  • Transparency (Allows backdrop (wallpaper/visualization) to show through jukebox frontend
  • All jukebox functions are mappable via keyboard shortcuts (useful when using a remote control)

Public Use features – these are features useful if you plan to use the Jukebox for commercial purposes.

• Show a "NEW" label on albums recently added
  • "Attract Mode" – This can be used to change the skin on certain dates (eg: changing the skin to a Christmas one in December). Attract mode can also be set to play random songs and play visualisations to attract users
  • Create separate databases – useful if you have different types of parties where the jukebox is used (eg: Wedding, Children's party etc)
  • Freebox has a credit module which is used when a coin mechanism has been attached to the PC. You can set the properties for a "credit". For example the cost to add a song to the queue, cost to play the song next and cost to play a song now. This is also split be media library type with different pricing for Music, Karaoke and Video.
  • Freebox fully supports the Betabrite LED sign, and Also the Chinese Variant. You can configure what appears (credit information, song information, general messages etc). 2 Signs are support at the same time.

NOTE: You will require WMP 11 to be installed to use this, you can however alter the freebox.ini and change the engine to 0 if you wish to use the old V3 engine which doesn't require WMP 11.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

stiefel

Hi Barry,

Looks brilliant in one word! I am a user of PCJB but you know how things happen there for the last 2 years.
Now this is some alternative!
It has almost the same features as PCJB. Couldn't find anything for crossfading. I need this for my JukePod
(www.jukepod.nl)

Greetz,
Marcel

eist1

Since Freebox V4 uses Windows Media Player 11, you can probably use the built in Crossfader. Just open WMP goto View/Enhancments/Crossfading and Auto Volume Leveling then goto the bottom and hit Turn On Crossfading and choose an overlap time (0 - 10 seconds) Not sure how it will work, as I don't use that feature, but it's somewhere to start.... Welcome to the forum....

kizer

I've been using WMP9 in 2k so if its the same setup as the Beta V4 you shouldn't have any issues.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

stiefel

Thanks all for reacting!
I'll try that tonight....will show the results here.

Greetz,
Marcel

Barcrest

Not sure that will work because i think media player needs the songs in it's own queue to crossfade them. At the moment they are only passed to WMP a song at a time. However if there is a fade out and fade in option that might work just as good.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Just to make sure there isn't any confusion I meant I had good results in WMP9 playing, but I didn't try any of the cross fading stuff that is if there was any confusion. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

stiefel

Thanks all, I tried but Freebox seems to ignore WMP crossfading settings.
Is there maybe some kind of plugin available?

Thanks,
Marcel
The Netherlands

Barcrest

I am using a plugin but it only seems to fade the songs if i skip them before they end. If i let them end normally it doesn't seem to crossfade them.

Jukebox Stats...

stiefel

OK thanks, too bad....
Is it on your wish list?

Barcrest

It is something i would like to add yes. Just having the time really....

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

nice job your really starting to get this in the badass market!!

i have 50k+ tracks i just loaded up into it and at 180mb ram seems stable so far

Barcrest

The lowest spec i have had it running on is P700mhz 128mb Ram and it was perfectly uasable.

Jukebox Stats...

dno

Is the latest V4.03 available for paying supporters? I don't find it anywhere to download....and the link in this initial thread is dead.... :(

spudgunman

that would be under

V4 Private

your in public which is why there is issues, but i also did notice that its a dead link to the public (private works)