Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

CPU usage and creditmodule.

Started by coffee, April 10, 2008, 08:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Barry

I run into a problem using ver 3.1.17 . When the creditmodule is used it is very heavy on CPU. It goes from 8% to 100% when the credit module is active and it drop to 8% again when it is closed. This causes my CPU to overheat and the machine to shut down. With ver 2.1.19 I don't have this problem.
Can you help me?

Coffee

jukeman

I am having the same problem you are except that I am running v3.1.21. My cpu usage idles at 50% when the credit module is active. I dont think its a big problem to sort, Barry any takes on this one. Some HELP would be appreciated.

Barcrest

Big issue with it is monitoring the keyboard all the time so no credits are missed. I should use maybe a keyboard logging type set up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Version 2 is just fine and it works 100%, it's only version 3 and 4.

Barcrest

Somebody posted that the V2 one was missing credits sometimes, i am sure which is why i switched it over.... I will take a look at this, obviously this is an issue.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Barcrest

No worries, i will try and take a look at this on sunday. That is the next time i will be able to sit in front of the computer to do any coding.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

That's fine, thanks again.

Just some info: Version 2 doesn't have the separate credit module like ver 3 and it works very good.
                     ( I'm using ver 2.1.19 at this moment )
                     You remember we had the coin slips with the early ver 2's and you fixed it in Febr. last
                     year.
                     Suggestion: If we can get ver 3 and 4 to work like the later ver 2's but with the             
                     generated lisense file like in ver 3 if possible, that would be cool.

spudgunman

double posting

B. I would be happy to lend some help just put it in the code spot.

coffee

Hi Barry

Thanks Bro, it seems to be sorted. Been testing for nearly a week and so far so good.

Thanks again.
Coffee

Barcrest

Excellent, glad it worked dude.

Jukebox Stats...