Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cannot "Enable Double Click" to enqueue track

Started by dno, May 05, 2008, 08:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dno

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but I cannot for the life of me get the Track List Options/Enable Double Click to function. I cannot get it to Play Next/Play Now/Add to Queue when I double left mouse click a Track selection. How is this supposed to work?

I have tried this feature on both V3.027 and V4.0.0 on 2 different XP PC's, with no luck. I have installed WMP11 on one of the PC's (the other is running WMP9) and it doesn't make any difference. And, I've made sure the freebox ini is set to engine=1, the default setting.

BTW, is there a newer version than V4.0.0? The link is dead in Public Releases/V4 Demo Released post.

eist1

I believe in the newer versions the Double Click to Add Track is no longer functioning since there is now a Track Choice screen, if that is the case, Barry should remove the option from the Options page so there is no confusion. But Barry can verify this.

Barcrest

eist is correct, this option needs to be removed it is a legacy option left over from the old V2 builds.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

dno

Thanks for the quick response!

It's really too bad there wasn't some way for that feature to work in the new builds. Right now it seems like there's a lot of cursor movement to add just one track into the queue with the current structure. Although I do realize with the Track Selection screen, you have the choice to Play Now/Play Next/Add to Queue/Add to playlist; that's all really great too and I wouldn't want those to go away.

Here's an idea: What if in the Album Screen, where you have the Album art on left side, and list of tracks on right. Directly selecting a track will automatically add to queue. If you had wanted to do something different, i.e. "Play next", then first click on the "Play next" button at the bottom, THEN select the track. If on the same page you wanted to play immediately, then press "Play Now" and THEN the track. And to further ice the cake, allow enable/disable "Auto return to previous screen after track selection" in configuration. That would be ideal, as most people would only select one track from an album and want to auto-return to the Album Selection menu.

This would eliminate the individual Track menu, speedup selection with less cursor movement. Right now I'm using a trackpad, but I do have a Touchscreen on order. But I think this would benefit all users, regardless of user interface.

So, whatd'ya think? :)

Barcrest

I don't see how that would make it any easier to select a track. The system we have now has evolved over 4 versions and seems to be the best set up. You only have one more press to play the song and i don't really  see anyway to make it more straight forward... Anyone else want to share thier thoughts.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...