Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

track numbers?

Started by nuggets3, May 09, 2008, 12:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuggets3

can anyone tell me how to get my tracks to show up as they are listed in the tags?  they only show up in alphabetical order.

thanks

draginit

i had that problem for the longest time until i realized i needed to tag all my music WITH the track number first. before i didnt include this in the tag but now its not in alphabetical order.

if you use tag and rename, i set my tag mask to and with no quotation "%6. %2" only. and it works perfect for me. but i know other users may set theres differently.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

draginit

Barcrest

You need to rename the files with the track number first, i think this what dragnit ment but i just wanted to clarify. It doesn't use the track number tag.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Yes, all my songs are named like this "01 - Back in Black" (without the quotes) and they've always shown up correctly. If you don't currently have the track numbers in front of each song, as draginit said, you can use Tag and Rename and goto the Rename Files tab, then in the File Name Mask box put %6 - %2 and the it will rename all of your songs using the ID3 Tags with the Track # first, then a dash (or a . if you prefer) then the Track Name.

draginit

the dash isnt needed, personally i think it looks better with just a . and space. example  "01. Back in Black"  but again, its a personal preference.  ;)

nuggets3

thanks for the responses.  is tag & rename a program or something in the freebox editor?

thanks

draginit

nuggets3