Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Filter by Artist function

Started by Cary_B, May 13, 2008, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

I seem to be having a problem with the filter by Artist function. When I filter by a particular artist, say Garth Brooks, (I have about 10 Garth Brooks CD's) the albums show up 2 or 3 times to choose from.

But in the main screen, not filtered, the albums show only once. Any thoughts?

spudgunman

version of JB?

also you 100% sure that your tags clean?

Barcrest

It is probably because you do not have the artist name spelt consistantly through the album. If you use tag and rename then you can bulk enter the artist so it will be spelt consistantly through the the album. You can also do this for the album title (Which may also be the problem) and the genre.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Thanks, I will take a look at that.  Not sure my tags are 100% clean.  I am about to start the great CD rip project, and re-rip all my 1300+ CD's to FLAC, archive them, and convert a copy to MP3.  I will worry about perfect tags then. Right now, most of the ones I am using with Freebox are ripped using EAC/Lame, and the tags are corrected using Tag&Rename, so they are pretty good.  The ones giving me problems are the ones I got lazy on and let ITunes rip, so I could get them onto the IPod.  Serves me right for taking a shortcut.

I wish I knew someone in the area that had the same taste in music, that we could trade ripped albums, if we both had a copy.  Save us both a lot of work.