Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Feature request - Random after delay

Started by kizer, March 13, 2007, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

I dont know how hard this is to add, but I'll ask anyways. ;)

Is it possible to have a new addition to the random section for example.

- I pick 4 songs and add them to the queue.
- The 4th song plays and ends. 5minutes of dead air and the Juke randomly picks a song and plays.
- 5 minutes later the juke picks another song and plays.
- This cycle would continue until somebody adds a song which would be next in the queue and would play after the juke selected random song ends and would continue to play whats in the queue as long as they are added.
- Last song is played and it continues the random playing of what ever is selected in the random section every 5minutes.

The only reason I ask is we had a small gathering and the jukebox worked out great. After a few hours of playing there was dead silence and nobody got up to add more music, but if it was random it would keep the party going or persude some to add new music when the random kicks on and its music they dont want to listen too. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Woody

kizer,

The random play mode sort of works now, it would behave exactically the way you want it to if Barry gets the "Dead Air Time" setup.

The genre select for random play works but does not save the genre selected for next power up. The attract delay time has this same save problem.

I had posted these problems on the old forum and they probably got lost.

What about it Barry? could you put these back on the list ?

Thanks

Woody

kizer

I saw that dead time option and  noted how long the default was set to. Interesting. I guess I'm not the only one who thought it would be a nifty little option.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thank you. No rush. I'd rather have all your bugs worked out or ones that are discovered before we introduce new ones.  ;D

Barcrest

Well the random genre not saving is a bug and dead air time is halfway implimented so it needs to be fixed up. Aside from that i am not really aware of any other bugs yet...

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Wooohooo. I'll think of some more requests. ;)

Barcrest

I have added animated gifs to the decades feature. It now shows if the song moved up or down the charts, if it was a none mover or a new entry... I love it... My favourite feature right now.

Jukebox Stats...