Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

is this just me still???

Started by draginit, June 07, 2008, 09:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

welp, i keep bringing this up from time to time, but i still dont have the use of karoake in v4 with the same files that play fine in v3. ive been kinda hoping this would magically resolve itself in the updates. ive tried a lot of things and even switched engines as you had mentioned barry in the last thread i mentioned this with no luck... i would really like to use karoake in v4 and not have to stop the music to switch to v3 in the middle of a party.  any more suggestions please?!

-also too, the whole songfacts on the 2nd screen...never got that back either, was this ever addressed? i think im the only one..plus i dont think there are too many dual screen users which may be why know one else has said anything....i dunno.  i have WMP 11 and k-lite codecs installed.

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Do the CDG Files play in media player for you? If you double click a CDG file i mean, does it load media player and play? You are the only one i know of that is having trouble, i don't think it's something in freebox but i just don't know.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, when i click on the files it does open in WMP but errors out and closes. i have 3 files for each song in the folders.. karoake for directx, tagfile, and the mp3.  im assuming the cdg is the karaoke for directx file?
-any mpeg karaoke plays fine when double clicked, but i looked in properties of the files and couldnt find anything telling me that it is specifically cdg...

Barcrest

If you can't play them in media player then that's why they don't work in freebox. You need to fix that, have you installed the latest directx.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

im having no luck with this..i downloaded directx 10 with no changes. i double checked to make sure karaokedx was installed. i tried a few things i found on google to try and get wmp to recognize these files and just cant get anywhere with it..
-now that i know wmp is the problem i will continue searching until i get it playing in there first,  but by all means if something comes to mind that you might think of to resolve this, please, do tell! thanks

Barcrest

What error do you get when double click the CDG file?

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

window pops up says "wmp has encountered an error while downloading file, for additianal assistance click web help"

-i click to it and it brings up original error code 800700D. error message not available.
so no real direction for me.

eist1

draginit,

If you want to send me (eist1@yahoo.com) one of the songs having problems (cdg and mp3) I can see if I have the same issue on my pc.

draginit

i just googled searched the error code and its coming up with auto update and time out issues??? im going to manually update windows and see if there are any changes.

Barcrest

Dude it sounds like you are having a codec issue. The codec i include with freebox might not have installed correctly because you media player is trying to download the right codec and having an issue because it can't find what it needs.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

eist, thanks for the idea. i brought over some files to another cpu i have and downloaded freebox. installed the provided karaoke driver. the first one brought up the pop up window asking to play the extension. click the box, blah blah.  and each one plays fine on this cpu
-so my issue definitly lies in my JB's cpu and wmp is not functioning right. maaaan, this whole time!! so barry, im still not sure what i can do and i know its not your problem with the problem lying in my cpu or wmp.  but what were you suggesting i do in your last post?   redownload anything in paticular?

kizer

Can you reinstall Windows Media Player up to version 11?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

draginit

do you mean uninstalling first?
i have gone into wmp and selected check for updates tab. results are running current version and no updates available.
-i might try to uninstal and reinstall a bit later if that option is possible...

Barcrest

Try and re-install the karaoke driver. That should resolve the issues however i assume you have already tried this.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, i rolled back to wmp 9 and double clicked a cdg. i thought it were going to work as it asked to play file. but then error: "the source filter for this file could not be loaded"...

-then, i uninstalled (for good measure) the karoake drivers and then reinstalled...woohoo it works when double clicked in WMP9..  barry knows best, lol.  now i will do the same thing after updated back to wmp11

-success!! karaoke works great now!  so i guess somewhere down the road i lost a filter or codec. 

so now i will thouroly enjoy using V4 now!!

-so on to problem #2    ---why can i not still get songfacts on my second screen.  neither during visuals or during videos??  thanks