Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Anyone interested in transparency?

Started by Barcrest, June 09, 2008, 02:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I was playing with this, i quite like it...

Set winamp to be linein and put it in desktop mode, then make freebox transparent. You get this....

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I am always up for new features, as log as it can be turned off and doesn't slow it down.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

It will be an option....

Enable Transparency On/Off
Transparency level 0-255 via a slider...

It shouldn't slow things down but running winamp on the desktop will obviously. I will get this in a beta release tonight and you can test it for me.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

sorry, cant test right now.  my jukebox is down as I am working on organizing my music again
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Well i am sure some people will be able to test it.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

barry, you gots to wait for the rest of the world to wake up. i see this mentioned half a dozen times LOL.  im down to check this out! i'll keep an eye posted for the download link.

so is that in v3, or just using an old skin?
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

mmalficia

one other thing  you can try  is:

setting your  desktop, vis, n juke all to exactly the same resolution.
and using the autofull screen plugin in winamp , start  winamp linein first with a few second pause.

then your  juke  and  you can get the same effect without  as much of a performance hit   

BUT  this  dosnt  work with all  video cards  or  vis ,  some of the time  youll just get  a black vis  ..  i havent  quiet worked  this part out yet myself    so it can be a bit of trial and error.

But its  looking  good !   

Barcrest

Quote from: draginit on June 09, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
barry, you gots to wait for the rest of the world to wake up. i see this mentioned half a dozen times LOL.  im down to check this out! i'll keep an eye posted for the download link.

so is that in v3, or just using an old skin?

No it's V4 but i only had that skin to hand at work wher ei was testing.. I am trying to get the beta done now. Only new addition is this transparency.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Barry,

I see draginit's question about the buttons on the option screen. Are you going to make the Options screen skinnable? I tried changing the buttons and back button today and the images do change, but I can't change the size of them, looks like the style is working. Would be nice to get all of the buttons updated. Thanks

Barcrest

I will look at doing this for the next release. I didn't really consider it to be important as it's only the options screen. But i guess your right it would look better. I will update the skintool for the next release.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

any chance on supporting transparent buttons, it would make the skin much nicer.  Or at least the volume button.
Coffee is the man now

eist1

Well here are a few shots of the new Black and Orange skin with transparency enabled. You can see the full page image behind the main screen. The only issue with that is that you need to somehow create the image full screen behind the jukebox before running the jukebox app, so I needed to alt+tab to the jukebox app after making the image fullscreen. I suppose you could have your wallpaper the image and hide all of your icons on the desktop and minimize the start bar (Since if you have nothing behind the jukebox, your desktop shows through), as long as this was only used as a jukebox. But definetely interesting. Fish will like this skin, as he's been waiting for a new Harley themed skin....

Barcrest

When you make freebox fullscreen the taskbar is hidden anyway so you should only need to remove the icons. You could alternatively use a bat file to call up an image full screen then launch freebox. I really like this transparancy option it adds another way to change the look. That black and orange skin looks great.

I am thinking of adding anothe rmethod for transparancy to the next release and making them user selectable.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Count me in, it's looking great Bro.

kizer

I honestly can say I probably woudn't use it, but I'd gladly try it. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)