Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Volume display

Started by coffee, March 16, 2007, 07:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Barry

This is only a future request. We would normally have a volume control for the customer if wants the jukebox to play a bit softer if he is not that busy. We would always try and limit the volume to prevent damage to the amplifier. I was wondering if you could add a volume level display to the options menu that display in persentage for example 85%. With this you can turn up the volume of the amp and in windows. Then you can accurately adjust the volume of freebox to limit any damage to the amp or speakers. You can also do it with the windows volume control but it is not accurate enough.

Thanks
Coffee

Barcrest

Hmmmm i am not sure what you mean? The best way around this is to set freebox to it's maximum level and adjust your amp accordingly. Once you have set that then the user cannot go above that volume setting. There is little point in me adding anything to the software when it is simple enough to set up anyway.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Some amps have a normal volume and a master volume. On this type of amps you don't have a problem because you can adjust the master volume and the customer can still use the normal volume control of the amp to adjust the volume. The problem comes in if you have an amp with only one volume control. In this case there is no way for you to limit the volume on the amp if the customer have acces to that volume control. The other thing is that the amps volume control is not accurate enough for fine adjustments. The amps that we use on jukeboxes is not a hi-fi amp, it is an industrial type amps and it doesn't normally come with nice volume pots to adjust the volume accuratly. Yes, it is possible to use the jukebox without this feature but it will protect the jukebox much better.

Coffee

Barcrest

There is no way for freebox to know what the amp has been set too and alter it's volume acordingly? Why even give access to the amps volume? Just set the amp at the maximum you want and then just let the users alter the volume via the volume slider on freebox.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...