Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Command config 2.exe

Started by kizer, March 17, 2007, 05:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Ok, Ive been trying to create a command line to build the database. I have this so far. Is it wrong or am I doing something incorrect? The problem I keep having is it creates the database but ,has to blank albums on the jukebox when you view the albums.

F:\>"C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\Config 2.exe" /DRIVE E:\MP3s /NEW records

When you see the F:\> its because I'm launching it off a memory stick.
The "'s used are because in 2000 it doesn't like the spaces in the name so I surround the command with " and it works, but in the end I'm ending up with 2 albums in the database listed first with nothing in them and no album cover.

Ok, just in case you say thats the problem. I ran this within Freebox as a command line when it shuts down.\
Config 2.exe /DRIVE E:\MP3s /NEW records

It creates a new database and the first two albums are blank.  ???

Has anybody else got it to work via command line? I have a few ideas I'm trying to implement with plugging in a memory stick.

Insert Memory stick
Double Click update-juke.bat file
Copies new files to jukebox directory
Deletes Genres folder
Deletes Records.*
Rebuilds database

However the creation of the database has been plaguing me for a while and now I'm looking for some guidance. ;) I know there is an import tool, but I've not had a successful run with it either so I'm trying to use what seems to be supported.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

The import tool works great as far as i know what seems to be the problem with it?

as for the command line i am looking into it now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Try this one...

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I'll give the import tool another try later today. I'll throw up my cheesie batch code that Im using on a memory stick for anybody that wants to use it later. I'm going to go play in my Jeep. ;)

Thanks again for taking a second look at the config file for me.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

Barcrest are you going to package the above new Config 2.exe with the newer releases or is that something you did for me?

It works perfectly for creating a new database, but I did notice when you update a database it creates one blank album opposed to the create new database, which earlier was creating 2 blank albums, that you fixed with the up above Config 2.exe

This is what I use on a memory stick to copy files from a folder called Processed to a directory on my E drive called MP3s MP3-Processed. This file is named UpdateUSB.bat and it simply copies all the folders with mp3 onto my PC and then when its done it deletes the files off the USB stick because I kept forgetting to empty it before I threw on some more MP3's then Genres folder and the Jukebox database and rebuilds them both. If you use it you will have to change the "MP3-Processed" folder and the "E:\MP3s" call outs because your machine will not know where to copy files from and to. As well you will have to change the Config 2.exe line to point to where ever your updating your jukebox files.

I double click on the UpdateUSB.bat and its off. I keep the file on the memory stick so I don't accidentally click on anything on the Juke as well nobody else touches my memory stick because I keep it put up. If you use it and something doesn't work you can just right mouse on the UpdateUSB.bat file and use the edit command.

cls
echo copying music
Xcopy MP3-Processed E:\MP3s /e /i
echo y | rmdir MP3-Processed /s /q
mkdir MP3-Processed
echo TRANSFER COMPLETE
echo y | rmdir "C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\Genres" /s /q
del "C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\records.*"
"C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\Config 2.exe" /DRIVE E:\MP3s /NEW records

I'm sure Barcrest could make something more slick, but the last time I tried to use the import tool I had some odd results. http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forums/index.php?topic=34.0

Just in case anybody wants to know what all that nonsense is I broke it down so its easier to understand.

cls <----- clears the screen
echo copying music <----- Says its going to copy files
Xcopy MP3-Processed E:\MP3s /e /i <------ Copies all folders and files, asks if you want to over write existing if there are
echo y | rmdir MP3-Processed /s /q <------ deletes all files in USB stick
mkdir MP3-Processed <------ rebuilds new folder where you had files
echo TRANSFER COMPLETE <--------- Says all files are transfered
echo y | rmdir "C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\Genres" /s /q <------ Deletes Genre folder and contents
del "C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\records.*" < ----- Deletes all of the record "audio" files
"C:\Program Files\Freebox V2\Config 2.exe" /DRIVE E:\MP3s /NEW records <-------- Rebuilds database

Barcrest

Yes this will be in the main release... I am still waiting for you to tell me what odd results you were getting with the import tool?

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I normally keep my files like such.

Band
album
album

Band2
album
album

Band3
album
album

When you use the import tool it doesn't appear to move the Band folder, but instead moves the albums out and places them in the root of the destination. Is it supposed to do that or is it a bug?

If it is supposed to do that then its something I probably wont use much simply because I like keeping Band folders because its easier to navigate and keep up on the house cleaning of my drives.

Barcrest

Yes it is working as designed but i can add an option to preserve the folder structure if you wish, i will look at it tomorrow.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Oh, I thought it was an odd thing. Keeping the Artist intact would be awesome

jonfinpausa

Hey Barry,

I to stopped using the import and the update update options.I have my server set up just like Kiser and it seems when using update on the config it does the same strange things.Is this fixed now?

I normally add the new albums to the server from a different computer on the network and then to update the jukeboxs

Fish

Barcrest

UPDATE and IMPORT no longer work right now... I am hoping to get them working for the next version.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Tis why I delete the record files and Genres and just build a new database each time. ;) No fault on Barcrest because when/if he fixes it my little method works just fine. Tis why I love command line so much.

jonfinpausa

AMEN Kizer !!!!!  ;D

You always know where you stand when you use the command line !!

Take your time Barry, when its fixed its fixed,and until then, "well we will command it pilgrim"  8)
LOL you have to imagine the John Wayne voice with that quoted statement !
No Point Intended !!! LOL  :P

Fish

kizer

I wouldn't use the world pilgrim around a brit. They kind of didn't support us in that expedition. ;) Hahaha