Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bugs and Observations

Started by Cary_B, June 23, 2008, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

Ok, had a few days off, and I got the chance to beat the Jukebox up some.  Here is what I noticed:

1) When using the config program (all of them), on the import screen that flashes the file names as they are loaded, any artist, etc., with a '&' in it shows incorrectly. (Shows a space instead of the character. Cosmetic only, but I noticed it.)

2) On the main screen of Freebox, the one showing the album covers, if you use the slider, and slide it all the way down to 'Z' and don't have any albums starting with 'Z', the slider moves but the albums covers don't. Not sure what to do about this, but it looks like the slider isn't working to an inexperienced user. (I know, how could I have a music collection, and not have any ZZTop? Fixed, I got around to burning some. :D)

3) Freebox messes up albums with track numbers over 100. It shows them in the correct order, but 100 becomes 00 on the screen. (I have one album with 4 CD's, 25 tracks each.  (I always put all the songs in one directory, instead of CD1, CD2, CD3, etc. This will probably affect only me, but I did notice it.)

4) Config 5 still messes up changing 'The Beatles' to 'Beatles, The'.  Just shows '                          ,The ' in the Jukebox.

5) Config 5 and 6 both seem to not capiltalize Genres, and Artist names in the pick albums by artist or genre screen.  Purley cosmetic, but it looks wrong.

6) If I use config 6, even when selecting make legacy database, I get everything looking perfect, till I actully select and album then no CD covers show, and no track names show.

7) Config 5 - The artist "Weird Al" Yankovic becomes .Weird Al. Yankovic. The Qutotation marks become periods.

8) Touch an album, and then not select a song, and leave that album showing on the screen, and Freebox never times out back to now playing, or anything.  The album just stays on screen forever.

Sorry for the lenght of the post, Just a few observations to help make the software perfect.

Barcrest

Quote from: Cary_B on June 23, 2008, 08:15:40 AM
Ok, had a few days off, and I got the chance to beat the Jukebox up some.  Here is what I noticed:

1) When using the config program (all of them), on the import screen that flashes the file names as they are loaded, any artist, etc., with a '&' in it shows incorrectly. (Shows a space instead of the character. Cosmetic only, but I noticed it.)

This doesn't effect anything and it just cosmetic as you have stated, i don't really want any display as it slows the config down however it is needed so you can see it is still working. Doubt i will fix this in config3 but maybe frosty or spudgunman could sort it in config 5 or 6.

2) On the main screen of Freebox, the one showing the album covers, if you use the slider, and slide it all the way down to 'Z' and don't have any albums starting with 'Z', the slider moves but the albums covers don't. Not sure what to do about this, but it looks like the slider isn't working to an inexperienced user. (I know, how could I have a music collection, and not have any ZZTop? Fixed, I got around to burning some. :D)

Hmmm, don't really know how to sort this? It could jump to the next availble letter but i don't think that will look great.

3) Freebox messes up albums with track numbers over 100. It shows them in the correct order, but 100 becomes 00 on the screen. (I have one album with 4 CD's, 25 tracks each.  (I always put all the songs in one directory, instead of CD1, CD2, CD3, etc. This will probably affect only me, but I did notice it.)

I use seperate folders and add CD1,CD2 etc to the album title. To fix the tack number display the skin needs to be altered to make that label a little wider if it being cut off.

4) Config 5 still messes up changing 'The Beatles' to 'Beatles, The'.  Just shows '                          ,The ' in the Jukebox.

One for frosty or spudgunman i think.... It just needs a trim command putting in to remove the spaces.

5) Config 5 and 6 both seem to not capiltalize Genres, and Artist names in the pick albums by artist or genre screen.  Purley cosmetic, but it looks wrong.

Another One for frosty or spudgunman i think....

6) If I use config 6, even when selecting make legacy database, I get everything looking perfect, till I actully select and album then no CD covers show, and no track names show.

7) Config 5 - The artist "Weird Al" Yankovic becomes .Weird Al. Yankovic. The Qutotation marks become periods.

8) Touch an album, and then not select a song, and leave that album showing on the screen, and Freebox never times out back to now playing, or anything.  The album just stays on screen forever.

Sorry for the lenght of the post, Just a few observations to help make the software perfect.

This is one i can fix... I will look at it for you and get it fixed...

Thanks for the feedback, i know it looks like i was dodging most of those sorry.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

No, doesn't look like your dodging them, just looks like most of the bugs in Freebox have been fixed, and now is the time to concentrate on Config.  In fact, any crashes I have had lately have come from Config.  Oh so close to being perfect, and so much better than anything else out there.

squirrellydw

I noticed that if you don't have any album art, when you scroll it shows the album art from the previous album.  This was with config6
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 23, 2008, 03:02:04 PM
I noticed that if you don't have any album art, when you scroll it shows the album art from the previous album.  This was with config6

Are you using first cover found?

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I will look at fixing this for you tonight

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Sorry it's 11:45 and i have only just finished copying some DVD's so no time for coding tonight, I will look at this tomorrow.

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

Barcrest

Not movie DVD's (Who even uses those any more?) Data DVD's..

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Sarge

I have another small bug that i noticed with my jukebox.  I am using 4.0.6 with bnb skin on 12 album covers.  I have twelve albums that start with numbers.  If I move the navigation slider to the letter A it starts the letter A albums on the bottom right album cover removing my first album (the top left one) that was started with a number from the screen.  The up arrow button won't bring that album back on the screen.  The only way to get it back on screen is to use the slider which is kind of touchy to get it back up to the # position if someone tries to touch the # portion of the slider.  It seems to like to always change to A no matter how far up you touch it. 

Also, this is probably more work than it sounds, but is it possible that when I select a letter using the slider that the corresponding albums start in the top left spot?  They seem to start in various places when the slider is used.

I just noticed that when I do have all my # albums showing on one screen and I use the down arrow it brings the bottom right album to the top left of the next page.  It should start that spot with the next album in line.

squirrellydw

Quote from: Sarge on June 24, 2008, 01:42:13 AM
Also, this is probably more work than it sounds, but is it possible that when I select a letter using the slider that the corresponding albums start in the top left spot?  They seem to start in various places when the slider is used.

this would be nice
Coffee is the man now

Cary_B

Ok, another couple of bugs/observations:

1) Back to the slider.  If you have only one album on the last screen of albums (It seems to jump by the number of albums on the screen every time), lets say ZZTop (scroll to it by hitting the down button, and it is the only album listed) and you hit "Z", it still won't jump to this album, even though I now have a "Z" album in the library. (Kinda confusing, I hope you understand what I am getting at.)

2) Just loaded the newest version, and it said the .ini file was incorrect, loading default. Not really a problem, just annoying to have to reset all you preferences.  I started setting things the way I liked, was almost done, hit the LED SCREEN page by accident (before saving anything yet) and it said .ini file incorrect again, and reloaded the defaults again. (Again, not a huge problem, but annoying.)

Sorry to bug you with all these minor details, just helping you get the bugs shaken out.