Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

.m4a album art tag reading

Started by squirrellydw, March 21, 2007, 01:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

Any idea when you will be able to look into reading the .m4a tag for album art?  I just came into another PC so I can really start to test things out and set it up instead of using my laptop.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Well i am not sure if it can be done. The only way i see of achieveing it is using something like tag and rename to pull out the album art into the folders. It is quite quick at doing that or could you not get that to work?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

No, I have not tried that.  Can I do everything at once, and it sticks the art in the correct folder?  I am looking at it online now but I don't see how to pull the art out into the folders.  I have over 5000 songs I want to make sure its quick and easy.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Well when you edit the tag there is a method to pull the art out. Don't forget you only need to do it to 1 track per album as they will share the cover art. There is a way to do it automatically i think but i have not looked...

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I will look into this when I ge it setup.  Would be nice though if freebox could do it but if it can't be done no biggy
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

The problem with doing it in freebox would be the speed... I did think of adding a check that if there is no image it tries to pull one from the file before displaying the no image graphic. It's not totally discounted just on hold until i get time to look at it.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

cool, thanks.  How much time do you need?  I can come over and set your clocks back  ;D
Coffee is the man now

eist1

Barcrest,

Instead of looking at the ID3 tag for the image if there is no image found (which would make the juke slower since it would then check each file) Could there just be a checkbox for use ID3 Tag image? That way at least it would be an option, and not the default. Was waiting for this in future releases. Thanks

Barcrest

It would be a check box because i think it will make the juke a fair bit slower. It's not an option i will be using.

Jukebox Stats...