Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Slow Database Building

Started by acejas, July 21, 2008, 06:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acejas

Hi Guys

I noticed when running Configs (Im mainly using 3 atm) There are some albums that take up to 1 minute or more before they process the next album, whereas most fly through (less than 3 secs)

Ive gone to the offending albums with Tag& Rename and cant see anything offending. They are also normal legth songs so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Any suggestions what I can do?

Thanks in advance
acejas

Barcrest

Do they have embedded album art? That might slow them down. I do have a few that do this on my machine as well but last night i generated the DB in under 2 hours with over 130k tracks so i don't tend to really notice. You may also want to check the drive is defragmented, it never hurts to do that when a lot of files have been copied/changed.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Fragmentation and turn off your Anti-Virus if you have it running.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

acejas

Ran a defrag and dont have any embedded art. Not a complaint as I have 40k songs in under 10 minutes. Its just a few that are really slow. I will look into it when I have time. They seem to be from one genre I downloaded from the net. More a curiosity than anything else

cheers