Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help a new user.... How to import .m3u lists

Started by bittorrent, July 22, 2008, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bittorrent

I'm a new user and struggeling with using my m3u list with Freebox Jukebox.
Can someone give me directions how to to this.

Have not found info about this.

Thx

eist1

I'm not sure you can import playlists from other applications. As far as I know Freebox is only compatible with playlists that were created in Freebox, but Barry can correct me if I'm wrong. Welcome to the forum...

Barcrest

Freebox playlists are just a list a files in a standard txt file format which is all m3u playlists are i believe. If so then you should be able to load them into freebox just by changing the extension.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

if playlists is supported, you should natively support m3u, which is the playlist extension winamp use (easier than Windows Media Player I think which use a xml format).

Dont let users rename files to txt, since they wont work in winamp or other mediaplayer anymore, that use m3u.....

acejas

Ok, just looked into this last night as I have a few playlists I wanted to have in freebox.
Ive had these playlists for years and were created by Winamp
Winamp creates a file with #EXTINF line for each song then the next line has the song details

Running a dos window type this or you can create a batch file to include multiple m3u files

findstr /i /b /v "#EXT" "path_and_filename_of_the_original_playlist" > "path_and_filename_of_the_cleaned_playlist"

Worked a treat and now I have my Playlists working in Freebox. I had to run it once for each playlist

HTH

bittorrent

I created in the past playlist with Mediamonkey. They are all in M3U format.
Copied these in the standard playlist folder, but not able to load them. Can see the playlist but can't play.

The complete mp3 database is loaded by freebox, so the playlist should be compatible.

Can somebody tell me what i do wrong?

acejas

Have you opened the playlists in notepad?

As an example what it should be like
h:\music\Rock\Nirvana\Nirvana - Unplugged in New York\Nirvana - Plateau (Unplugged).mp3
h:\music\Singles\MiSex - Computer Games.mp3
h:\music\Easy Listening\Supertramp\Supertramp - The Long Way Home.mp3
h:\music\Singles\Bobby Meferrin - Dont Worry Be Happy.mp3

An example of not
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:217,Nirvana - Plateau (Unplugged)
j:\Rock\Nirvana\Nirvana - Unplugged in New York\Nirvana - Plateau (Unplugged).mp3
#EXTINF:239,Misex - Computer Games
j:\Singles\MiSex - Computer Games.mp3
#EXTINF:310,Supertramp - The Long Way Home
j:\Easy Listening\Supertramp\Supertramp - The Long Way Home.mp3

Let us know what you have

bittorrent

Hi Acejas

I did as suggested by you and get following:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:216,Betty - Boys, Boys, Boys
Party - Collection\Various Artists - 100% feest Hits (2004)\CD1\07. Betty - Boys, Boys, Boys.mp3
#EXTINF:175,Starkoo - Anne
Party - Collection\Various Artists - 100% feest Hits (2004)\CD1\12. Starkoo - Anne.mp3
#EXTINF:197,Gebroeders Ko - Tuut, Tuut, Tuut, We Springen Parachute
Party - Collection\Various Artists - 100% feest Hits (2004)\CD1\14. Gebroeders Ko - Tuut, Tuut, Tuut, We Springen Parachute.mp3
#EXTINFUTF8:91,Cooldown Café Feat. Dj. Stefan - Hey Baby (Uhh, Ahh)
#EXTINF:91,Cooldown Café Feat. Dj. Stefan - Hey Baby (Uhh, Ahh)
Party - Collection\Various Artists - 100% feest Hits (2004)\CD2\06. Cooldown Cafe Feat Dj Stefan - Hey Baby (Uhh, Ahh).mp3
#EXTINF:231,The Underdog Project - Summer Jam
Party - Collection\Various Artists - 100% feest Hits (2004)\CD2\01. The Underdog Project - Summer Jam.mp3
#EXTINF:212,Heidi Und Die Heino's - Ich Bin Wie Du
Party - Collection\Various Artists - 100% feest Hits (2004)\CD2\13. Heidi's Und Die Heino's - Ich Bin Wie Du.mp3
#EXTINFUTF8:250,Swoop - In Het Kleine Café Aan De Haven

What will be your advice based on this.

Thank you for supporting me with this.. i have spend quite some time on generating these playlists in the past.

acejas

Hi Mate

Follow my previous post and it will get the required M3U
If you have trouble be specific in what you are having trouble with

Barcrest

I can update the playlist loading to support that other system as i only need to ignore ever other line and still have the path to the file. I will look at updting this in the next version.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bittorrent

d78

I think this is a hot idea. I find it is sometimes easier to build play lists from Winamp using the smart queries. It would be awesome if i could load those saved M3U files in FreeBox.