Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

4.0.13 - multiple albums not showing up

Started by Negcreep0, August 15, 2008, 04:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Negcreep0

Ok this happens when I have a band like "The Expendables" and I choose not to have the program treat it as "Expendables, The"......... when I click an album by them the program won't have their other albums mini linked. But when I let it handle it as "Expendables, The" the mini links will show for the albums......

Also I have some albums that get their artist set as "various artist". I know they are tagged right, but for some reason the programs config puts it as this........ Could this be an issue with the mp3s themselves? thanks great programmmmmmm!!

Alsoooo noticed that when you hit the spin on this button, that the slider will not work after that....... and the spin on this button sometimes shows the same albums double and even multiple times..........

- the skip ahead in song slider also makes my mp3's stutter when I skip ahead in songs.....

Barcrest

WOW What spec PC are you using and where is your music located? I ask because i have nver seen the music stutter on any machine I use and I have it running on a PIII 700mhz. It could be that your album art is too large, did you let the config create the small artwork covers?

As for the various artists issues. You don't have matching artist name across all tracks for that album. The artist name must match exactly. If it is because you have (Feat. Some Other Dude) in the artist line for one of the tracks i suggest you move that to the track title field and enclose it in brackets or something.

I have not seen the bug where spin on this prevents the slider from working, can anyone else confirm this?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

I confirm. Song skip on slider dosent very well and have reported that in my other thread as well. This is propenty a Vista only issue, and is a WMP issue.

That happens because you sent too many requests to the player. You need to bring it down to only send one request of second to the player, so the song dosent shutter anymore.

IT a darn WMP bug in Vista, which might dosen't happens in XP at all.

Uncle'T Jukebox software did have the extract same issue about the song slider, but he got that problem fixed by send less request to the player and I confirmed that too.

Barcrest

The song stutter bug is because it only works if you drag it if you click the clider jumps to where you clicked and then jumps back hence a stutter type effect.

The bug space fractal is refering to is another one.

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

ahhh sorry about this, I trought it was the same bug.

Barcrest

No worries, i think he is refering to the bug where it jumps to where you click then snaps back. To be honest I have never really liked that slider much aside from debug testing when it comes in handy as i can skip to the end of the song.

Jukebox Stats...

Negcreep0

The problem spacefractal is talking about is exactly what I'm talking about, in all my pcs, both xp and vista the actual sound playing stutters once you fast forward.      and I am still having the problem with all bands that begin with "The" their links to their other albums don't show.... but only for bands that begin with The..... i know all my tags are perfectly right..... anyone else confirm this?

Cary_B

Quote from: Negcreep0 on August 25, 2008, 08:01:21 PM
The problem spacefractal is talking about is exactly what I'm talking about, in all my pcs, both xp and vista the actual sound playing stutters once you fast forward.      and I am still having the problem with all bands that begin with "The" their links to their other albums don't show.... but only for bands that begin with The..... i know all my tags are perfectly right..... anyone else confirm this?

No, I normaly have that option turned off, but I turned it on and the bands that beging with "The" show links on the quickjump covers on the album cover like they should.

My only holdout problem so far is that the years still don't build correctly.  When I sort on years, only the first album for that year shows.  Other than that, I can't find any more bugs right now.