Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touchscreen & MameUI

Started by dbeeks1, August 18, 2008, 01:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbeeks1

Is there a way to exit a MAME rom using only the touchscreen.  I am using the latest MameUI and finally figured out how to make the Touchmaster games work.  I can easily launch a game with a batch file, but once loaded, I have to hit Esc to exit the game.  Even when using the 'run in window' mode, I can't just tap the x to exit.  Am I just missing a setting?

This would be a great addition to my future jukebox, but I really don't want to use the keyboard or an encoder for everyday use.

Thanks,
DB
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

Barcrest

Eist is using a griffin powermate to send the escape key, the only other way i could think would be to make a virtual escape button sit on the screen that you could press on screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

dbeeks1

I think I found a solution.  If I leave the ELO right mouse button utility open and run the rom in a maximized window I can tap the left mouse button on the utility to gain control of Windows again which allows me to exit the rom by tapping the X.

It's not quite as cool as running in full screen, but it's acceptable.  Now I just have to work on hiding the crosshair without having to tap F1. 
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

dbeeks1

I found the crosshir answer here:
http://www.mameworld.net/mrdo/mame_artwork_supp.html

Thanks to all that read my question.  If anybody comes up with something better, please post  :)

Barcrest

You could compile your own mame so right click exits the game... That might be a neater solution. Or you would have an exit game button hooked up to send escape.

Jukebox Stats...

dbeeks1

Thanks for the suggestions Barcrest.  A combination of both might be the best.  Changing exit from Esc to right click and then hacking up a cheap mouse to wire a button would allow running in full screen and avoid purchasing a keyboard encoder.   ;)  (modifications before the build even starts)

Barcrest

Yes, actually that sounds like an nice easy solution.

Jukebox Stats...