Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Flash Files for Attract

Started by Gaucho, April 11, 2013, 05:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

That right i have the animation on.

Risim

Ok I got a situation here.  I try to play my swf files on my jukeboxes and they wont play, but hey work fine on my test pc. Im guessing its becuase I need a plugin or something.  My jukes dont connect nor have never connected to the internet. Anyone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance. :beer

Mark Norville

I take it you can access the jukeboxes via a usb stick? All what you need to do is download shockwave flash and then install onto the computers and hope that will do the trick.

Regards

Mark

Link ; https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

Yep, I'd say Flash needs to be installed. Grab the off-line installer, transfer and install.

Brad

Barcrest

Did you get this working? You do indeed need to install the flash plugin for Internet Explorer.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Naaa...it hasn't worked yet.  I cant seem to get an install for usb stick.  I will have to connect each juke to the net big pain.  Still working on it keep you updated.

Mark Norville

Just download from here https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Save to memory stick and then presto. I know your in Australia but not that bloody hard. I am not sure if you have heard of wireless but buy a wireless dongle, get the wireless key from the place do any downloads and go. How do you update the music library? If you have to travel 50km every trip you are better buying a dongle for each machine anyway. I would say stop running windows xp if you are download a torrent of windows 7, use the patch and if you are using it as just a jukebox it will run fine.

Windows XP is dead and unless you get with technology a 50 year old computer running a jukebox is not going to work for you, and that is not just you, I know someone else that runs XP the cabinet that I brought had XP I wanted to future proof it and I had 11 hard drives 6 in one 5 in another, I tried the XP to surf the net it was so slow I gave up.

I am blunt as hell, and a visual basic jukebox running a 15 year old operating system which is no longer supported is a no go. Visual basic is dead as it is, but it does a job, but compare that to C++ etc on a modern computer, it works a lot faster.

As the saying goes you need to spend money to make money, unless you do then you will be stuck in the mud.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 11, 2015, 03:52:51 PM
Just download from here https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Save to memory stick and then presto. I know your in Australia but not that bloody hard. I am not sure if you have heard of wireless but buy a wireless dongle, get the wireless key from the place do any downloads and go. How do you update the music library? If you have to travel 50km every trip you are better buying a dongle for each machine anyway. I would say stop running windows xp if you are download a torrent of windows 7, use the patch and if you are using it as just a jukebox it will run fine.

Windows XP is dead and unless you get with technology a 50 year old computer running a jukebox is not going to work for you, and that is not just you, I know someone else that runs XP the cabinet that I brought had XP I wanted to future proof it and I had 11 hard drives 6 in one 5 in another, I tried the XP to surf the net it was so slow I gave up.

I am blunt as hell, and a visual basic jukebox running a 15 year old operating system which is no longer supported is a no go. Visual basic is dead as it is, but it does a job, but compare that to C++ etc on a modern computer, it works a lot faster.

As the saying goes you need to spend money to make money, unless you do then you will be stuck in the mud.

Regards

Mark
No presto here, Mark. :tommy  I have downloaded the link you gave me   :beer installed it on a juke and no luck.  Is there a step Im missing?  I installed it and just restarted the comp and nothing happened with the swfs.  :downer
I am running win7 for a few years now so thats not the problem.  Researching this promblem I found the google chrome has flash built in so I downloaded a standalone installer and the swfs run but just not with etouch.  :'( Still no luck!!  I'm just gona have to take my router to each juke.   Thanks for the help guys.  :beer

Barcrest

You need this.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

It is flash not shockwave that you need. Get the internet explorer version. :cheers
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

That did it, Barry  :beer.  Got it working on a couple of jukes today lets see if anything happens.

Mark Norville

I was close thogh years ago was abode shockwave flash wasn't it? I must buy another flasher mac and get out there again, I need to keep up with all these new flashing trends ;)

Risim

Hi guys been very busy and away for awhile but I just finished my xmas skins and updating my swf files.  I think etouch resized each image in the attract folder to full size(when it displays it), right?   Does it do this with swf files?
Guacho do you have this problem: even though you have the swf file dimension to match your screen it stills show up short on etouch?  By short I mean either height or width is not exact and you see white edges.

Gaucho

Morning Ris,

I have done different sizes for different skins and they seem fine. They have to be the same size as the album view window which is different for example in Genie compared to Touch Elements.

Risim

Hmmm ok I will just keep tweaking them until they are exactly right.  Thanks :beer

Gaucho

What colour background are you using (or color if you are American and don't know how to spell in English ;D)