Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

album cover

Started by matsuo, March 28, 2007, 01:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matsuo

I need some help on album cover have no idea how it works. what is the file format, is there a specific location I need to put it, how does it select the album cover for a selected song,. Anybody have a tutorial on this?

netcat

GO get this prog
http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/

go into settings and make sure it doesnt ADD the picture to tha MP3 Tags (it will make the jukebox slower)

Also go into the searching options and checkmnark the options top search in all 4 places, wallmart, Amazon etc etc

then Select all and click on the download (Down arrow)

for those that didnt download, you can click on them (which will fill in artist, album search fields) and modify them and research, I usually just put in the artist name and ensure that each album has a picture with the corresponding artist (even if it is not the correct picture of the respective album)

these will be automatically downloaded into the folders where you have the music, I am assuming you have your music sorted by Album (or at least by artist)

within freebox, make sure you checkmark the option to use first image found.

Good luck

Woody

Mat,

It is a fairly simple setup. I am assuming you are just starting to setup Freebox on your 'puter, If so the most important thing you need to do is make sure your ID tags are clean and correct and for best results have genres in tags, and avoid storing art in the tags.

As far as the album art is concerned I have mine setup the following way, this allows for other programs to work in concert with Freebox:

Media
        | ___ MP3
                   |___ (ARTIST ALBUM # 1)
                   |                 |________ SONG1.MP3                               
                   |                 |________ SONG2.MP3
                   |                 |________ cover.jpg   ------- This is the cover art, in jpeg format.
                   |   
                   |___ (ARTIST ALBUM #2)
                                      |________ SONG1.MP3                               
                                      |________ SONG2.MP3                               
                                      |________ cover.jpg   

I use a program called Album Art Aggregator to download the cover art :

http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/downloads/MyPrograms/AAA/AlbumArtAggregator_latest.zip

It works very good at getting the art and works well with the directory setup above.

Freebox will run faster if you limit the art size to 320 x 320, but larger art at 500 x 500 looks much better if you have 'puter horsepower to spare.

Setup inside of Freebox "Appearance Settings" Screen (lower left corner):

Cover Filename options:

cover image name should be set to "cover .jpg" and also check the "Display 1st image found box.   

I hope this helps to get you started.

Woody 

matsuo

Thanks for the tips they both worked perfectly