Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config almost complete...

Started by Barcrest, April 01, 2007, 01:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I have almost finished the updated config. It now builds the databses correctly i just need to add the code to enable the add and update options to work correctly and i will make a release.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Cool.

I just noticed the catalog builder cuts off the last album and sometimes it doesn't inser the correct Genres or doesn't at all.

I could survive without it, but just letting you know. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

The HTML catalogue builder has been removed. I can't see it coming back either as it wasn't really used..

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Here is the new config.. Add and Update don't work it just builds the database. Can you give me some feedback on it, does i work and is it fast enough basically... I will get the other features in and fix any bugs then make a full release. This has been re-written from the ground up really so there might be issues.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I hope to be able to test this out this coming weekend the 7th, I will have a PC now dedicated to this.  Will the new config have the check box option for album art?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Well that config i posted up just builds a library nothing more. But it has a load of code changes so adding the other options for ADD and UPDATE back in should be straight forward now. What do you mean about album art?

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

I have just go the ADD Feature working...

The ADD and UPDATE were why i needed to rework it.

Now when you ADD it just dumps the files it finds on that path into the database as before but now it re-sorts the database so they are added but the database is still sorted in Artist Order. Before they were just added to the end.

The same will happen with the update database, except that will not allow duplicate entries. So you can have your files in one place, add new files to that same location and just update and it will only add the files it finds that were not already in the database. Obviously there is a bit more work involved in getting the update to work but that should be done soon...

Here is the updated config with both GENERATE and ADD working.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Quote from: Barcrest on April 01, 2007, 10:35:28 PM
Well that config i posted up just builds a library nothing more. But it has a load of code changes so adding the other options for ADD and UPDATE back in should be straight forward now. What do you mean about album art?

Have it search for album art in the tag.  You said you were thinking of adding a check box to read album art in the tag if I it couldn't find any in the folder as an option.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on April 02, 2007, 01:30:47 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on April 01, 2007, 10:35:28 PM

Have it search for album art in the tag.  You said you were thinking of adding a check box to read album art in the tag if I it couldn't find any in the folder as an option.

WOW Reading the images out of the tag. Yes i did mention this but that is if i can crack reading the album art in the tag and so far it's not been achieved. Reading the art from the tag is a lot harder than just pulling the track informaition. I can't see this been added in the near future i'm afraid. Funny thing is i posted up the config and no one has even downloaded it... Well i am away for week now without internet access so there will be nothing until next monday. However next monday will see a new release of the jukebox with some cool stuff sorted out in it.

Jukebox Stats...

Thunderball

Quote from: Barcrest on April 01, 2007, 11:32:22 PM
I have just go the ADD Feature working...
Just downloaded it - when I tried to run it  - got an error "Run Time Error '52': Bad file name or number"--

kizer

I gave it a try and at first I used the Update feature and got an odd message and tried to recreate it, but I cant. Of course re-reading up the thread the update isn't 100%. Duh

I tried the create and it seemed fast as heck. Man did it ever seem fast. I only tried it on 5 albums, but from what I can tel it might be faster than the old Config2.exe however I'll give it a whirl on my home Juke, which has a lot more albums.

So is the new Config3.exe more or less like an UPDATE and this is the reason I ask?
I added new albums into the directory where I normally store my Albums

Config2.exe it ripped through and built a new database super fast, but created a new database.
Config3.exe seemed to rip through really fast and then slowed down just a bit to add the new albums.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

I am also getting this error when trying to run config 3.exe - "Run Time Error '52': Bad file name or number"

kizer

To build 488 albums

Config2 1:59
Config3 2:21

However if you do not have an existing build of MP3's it gives you that error
Runtime error 52 Bad filename or number message

When you click on the Config3.exe file

kizer

I also purposely took an album out of the same directory it was in before and hit the create button. It generated a Error 76 file not found message, but when I tried it again it ran fine. Must be part of the look before I create function or whatever its doing in the beginning.

Thunderball

Quote from: Thunderball on April 02, 2007, 12:55:31 PM
Just downloaded it - when I tried to run it  - got an error "Run Time Error '52': Bad file name or number"--

Ah--If I copy 'config3.exe' to the Freebox directory,then run it from there -  it starts up fine. Gives the 'Error 52' error when I try to run it straight from the desktop (where I downloaded it to).