Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Hammered on the exchange rate....

Started by Barcrest, April 17, 2007, 09:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

The exchange rate now means i get less than £1 for $2... So a $5 donation wouldn't even buy me a beer. Stupid exchange rates...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Will if someone donates make it a minimum $20 to get the latest version or something.  Maybe something like $20 for a year of updates or $50/$100 for a lifetime of updates.  Need to look out for yourself.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I was thinking of this, but it looks like i am being greedy... I am sure most of you know i am not like that, or at least i hope so. They way things are looking right now i will be out of a job real soon too. Ah ignore me, something will come along.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Personally there is nothing wrong in wanting to be compensated for your efforts. Lord knows you've worked on things that I felt was important to me. Other than a few bug fixes I feel the app is in english terms "Spot On" ;)

Is it greedy to want money because you've spent 100's or 1000's of hours so somebody can download an app for free and never been seen again? Sure its one thing to contribute to the forum, submit bug reports and/or promote the app to others because it generates more interest and helps the community grow. Honestly I think the shoe is on the other foot. Those that want everything for free are greedy.

I know people that literally spend hours apon hours downloading MP3's for free and well wouldn't spend 10cents to contribute to Freeboxjukebox.com because it should be free. Ti The only thing free in this world is air simply because nobody has found a way "yet" to bottle and market better, fresher air to be sold in a convience store. When anybody asks me what Im running I tell them where to go and what to get. I've yet to give away a copy of what Im running simply because Ive donated and feel its not my place to circumvent the system because they are to cheap.

Need be I would personally setup a webpage with a list of all of the features of the public and private releases something like this. http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/compare.html
Yeah its a little work and I would be happy to contribute if need be to show what everybody else is missing. 0 gets you this and * gets you this. Hell make it 40bucks for all I care. Your entitled to your efforts and personally if anybody thinks your greedy then they can use the free app and shut their yapp. ;) You can call it Freebox Pro or Freebox Unlimited or something like that. For those that have only sent in 5bucks I know either they feel like they have done well, but in the end Barcrest might either make a decision to say no more and thank you for donation or hes going to have to carry them simply out of guilt which in my opinion is rather sad. Ive personally donated 3 or 4 times of various amounts $10 or more US dollars at a time. Why is a chart inportant when the free version works and nothing else is needed? Well honestly it shows the potential power of Freebox for those looking at various Jukebox solutions. If I had of just recently downloaded the free version I would'nt of been as impressed as I am with the version I have now. I mean it has everything I want and everything I need without looking anywhere else. Sure it could use another function or two, but heck what app doesn't?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jonfinpausa

Im with Kizer on this one.I have not spread the word to my cheap a#s friends either only because they want a solution for a mp3 jukebox for free.Well they have to buy a jukebox from me to get it and I will send the donation to Barry for each jukebox I sell.IM still trying to lock them out of both the software and the desktop before we can market the jukebox, and I need a way for the jukebox owner to add new music to the jukebox without my help which I can get away from for now because I could market the jukebox something like we will add your cd collection to the jukebox for free and then keep it updated for a certain price per month or per album.But I do need to lock down the OS and the software first.So there you go Barry, find me a solution for the lock down and ill start to market your software exclusively in our Jukebox's and pay you for every jukebox I sell.Ill give you a hint at what we are exploring, a program that makes sure freebox is running or else it blanks the screen an/or shuts down the computer when freebox is not responding,this covers a crash or if someone closes freebox.Then we just call freebox when the OS starts.

Be it known tho bro, I would rather have a Linux solution, but i dont see that coming soon and IM ready with the cabinets and hardware.I could easly justify 25 to 50 bucks US per jukebox we sold going back to you Barry.

Fish

Barcrest

Well you can shell freebox right now. All i would need to add is CTRL+ALT+DEL disable and that would lock them out of the O/S completely. However locking the O/S out would bring it's own issues such as launching the config... I think you need a front end that will default to freebox if nothing is selected after a set amount of time. If you pick another option say audiograbber or config it asks for a pin, incorrect pin leaves you at the menu. Obviously no pin required to launch freebox... Then put the CTRL+ALT+DEL disable into that front end code and use that for the shell... That is how i would do it.. But what do i know  ;)

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Looks Like jonfinpausa and I need to start another thread on our owns about this topic. Im interested in dowing the samething, but not in a make cabinets and sell them, but in a solution to make our cabs look more Jukeboxish than running on a windows machine
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jonfinpausa

or CTRL+ALT+DEL pulls up the password pin box if selected....Yeah maybe.

Is there directions or a FAQ on how to shell Freebox? Sorry bro Im busy getting cabinets spect out and ready.I have not had much time to play in the area of shells

Fish

jonfinpausa

YES WE SHOULD, thats exaclty what im after... A Jukebox...not a widows computer inside a cabinet running Freebox software.Or at least I dont want the customer to know thats what is going on behind the scenes.

Fish

kizer

Barcrest

Well i can code up a front end for you... There is already softwae to replace the XP oot screen with your own on the web. You can change your wallpaper and your good to go. Making freebox the shell is pretty straight forward i would have thought didn't somebody post it up on the forum earlier???

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Cool Barry,

Do it to it and Ill pay you for the extra code work just keep in mind I have to have a way to get into freebox to add new music, the pin thing is great.

I havent found the shell info yet but IM sure we can get that all sorted out and as I mentioned I have no problem paying you a fee for each unit we sell.I just cant make any promises on how many will be sold but I have been renting units for peoples parties and they seem to love it.Guess I should kick you back some cash for that becuase I do run freebox on the rental unit... How much is fair bro ?? Ill set you some cash out on Pay Pal

Fish

coffee

Hi Everyone

I can't believe people donate $5, it's a shame. Yes I agree with what Kizer said, Barry you should make a plan with this. It is just unfear to people like me and a lot of other ( I hope ) to really support you and we get the same as somebody that donated $5. I'm really pissed at this, I can't believe it. Well if $5 buys you Freebox, I must be a shareholder.       ???

Anyway, I would also like to get my machines to look like a stand-alone jukebox without seeing any OS like XP. Currently I have a start-up screen and a shutdown screen that really bother me. I'll really appreciate it if somebody can help me with it.

Coffee

Barcrest

Coffee you are the only person with the full credit enabled version, yes you piad a premium for it compared to others but i put a shit load fo work in to get the credit system working for you reliably and i would still bust my balls for you if you had another problem. All $5 buys you is access to the latest version... I don't really want to be horrible to people who paid $5 because if they only earn $100 a week that is a fair chunk for them to pay. Man i am just a hippy at heart... Coffee don't forget i gave you commercial rights to put out as many jukeboxes as you like in SA with my software on which is why i had to quote that price. I am sure you wil make it back and you know you are my N.o priority when it comes to fixes and additions... Sorry if you feel ripped in some way dude, it's not like that....

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Quote from: kizer on April 17, 2007, 05:02:45 PM
Personally there is nothing wrong in wanting to be compensated for your efforts. Lord knows you've worked on things that I felt was important to me. Other than a few bug fixes I feel the app is in english terms "Spot On" ;)

Is it greedy to want money because you've spent 100's or 1000's of hours so somebody can download an app for free and never been seen again? Sure its one thing to contribute to the forum, submit bug reports and/or promote the app to others because it generates more interest and helps the community grow. Honestly I think the shoe is on the other foot. Those that want everything for free are greedy.

I know people that literally spend hours apon hours downloading MP3's for free and well wouldn't spend 10cents to contribute to Freeboxjukebox.com because it should be free. Ti The only thing free in this world is air simply because nobody has found a way "yet" to bottle and market better, fresher air to be sold in a convience store. When anybody asks me what Im running I tell them where to go and what to get. I've yet to give away a copy of what Im running simply because Ive donated and feel its not my place to circumvent the system because they are to cheap.

Need be I would personally setup a webpage with a list of all of the features of the public and private releases something like this. http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/compare.html
Yeah its a little work and I would be happy to contribute if need be to show what everybody else is missing. 0 gets you this and * gets you this. Hell make it 40bucks for all I care. Your entitled to your efforts and personally if anybody thinks your greedy then they can use the free app and shut their yapp. ;) You can call it Freebox Pro or Freebox Unlimited or something like that. For those that have only sent in 5bucks I know either they feel like they have done well, but in the end Barcrest might either make a decision to say no more and thank you for donation or hes going to have to carry them simply out of guilt which in my opinion is rather sad. Ive personally donated 3 or 4 times of various amounts $10 or more US dollars at a time. Why is a chart inportant when the free version works and nothing else is needed? Well honestly it shows the potential power of Freebox for those looking at various Jukebox solutions. If I had of just recently downloaded the free version I would'nt of been as impressed as I am with the version I have now. I mean it has everything I want and everything I need without looking anywhere else. Sure it could use another function or two, but heck what app doesn't?

I agree, and I like the pro idea.  I have donated and I will again in a couple weeks.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now