Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Not reading certain tags...

Started by aeroflyer711, April 10, 2009, 10:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroflyer711

I have had this problem before and every time it seems like a new problem.  I have songs on computer A and the jukebox on A and B.  B is the main jukebox but I run it on A every now and then to check things out and A is faster.  These songs will play on A fine but on B it's like the tag isn't reading.  In the config they show up at the top of the list like the error files.  This problem has been caused before by album art embedded, VBR, and the file not sharing properly.  I know the first two are not the cause this time thanks to tag & rename, and when the file sharing was an issue the tag info didn't show up in explorer but these do.  I'm at a loss.  They are the newest downloads I have and I can't figure out why this keeps happening.  Let me know what to check and I'll let you know anything.  Thanks for the help.

Interesting note: when I logged on here before to ask this question the site was down, I thought freebox was done, so I looked for another jukebox.  I found Uncle T's, but I like freebox better.  The only reason I bring this up is because the files worked fine on that one (but oddly enough UT won't work on the "newer" computer, computer A).

Long post I know but please help me if you can (or if you think you can!).

Thanks.

EDIT: Most of the songs get listed as Various Artist.  Only a few come up no artist.  For some reason it appears the tag isn't reading right on other computer or over network.

Barcrest

Are the tags ID3V2 tags. It sounds like the issue is with the tags, that is the only time i have ever seen a problem. I always check the tags are ID3V2 and the artist name matches up before i put them in my main collection. That is on a USB drive and holds 140k albums... I have not had an issue with the tags on any of them once they were sorted. I'm guessing that your tags on these files might be ID3V1 tags, if so you can copy the V1 tag to V2 using a button in tag and rename so it's a quick process.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

What is a *.bak file?  I did what you said and it helped some and hurt others.  The new problem files had these type of files in their folders.  I don't know how they got there.  I'm deleting those and I'll see if that works...

aeroflyer711

I still have problem files.  If I open my computer the explorer will show artist album in the respective fields, but on computer B it doesn't show.  All files should be V2 tags.  It's like my other computer can't read the tags correctly...

EDIT: Ok.  The files in question show up on computer B in my computer, but they will not play.  I get a message saying they can't be accessed.  Any ideas?

Barcrest

Well the tag reading is achieved by reading the files. Not anything external so if the files are tagged correctly then they should read in fine. Have you tried it using the V5 demo? I know i fixed up the ID3V1 tag reading code and i am not sure if that made it into the last V4 release or if it is only in V5. You could try with the V5 demo and see how you get on.

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

I'll try that.  Where is the V5 demo?  Although right now it seems more like the computer is reading the files correctly right now since the mp3's won't play over the network.  They play on the computer they're physically on.  It's got me confused.

Update: So I read something online and tried it and it worked.  I moved a file out of the main directory file, onto my desktop and back into the main file.  Took 3 seconds...  now the file plays on computer B.  I have NO IDEA what is going on but I'll do that to the rest when I get some free time this week and see if that helps.  I'll keep you posted.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

I don't know why but moving the folders worked.  Everything is good now.  Thanks for the tag help!